Dixie Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
We love Dixie school!We have found that the teachers are very committed to the students. In most grades there is a somewhat leveled curriculum to help the kids learn at the pace that suits their needs. The parent support of the school is comprehensive. Truly, the common goal of the Principal, administrative staff, teachers and parents is to provide the best, most well rounded education possible to the students.

Posted November 10, 2012
We are new to the district and have been very happy with Dixie. My son's kindergarten teacher is excellent - attentive, communicative and sensitive to his individual needs. The families we have met so far have been incredibly warm and receptive. The principal is caring, involved and active. I've been impressed with the resources available to my child, the extra-curricular activities, and the involvement of the parents. So far, Dixie is an all-around great school!

Posted November 05, 2012
We moved from another school in the district and what a difference, finally my son is getting the education he deserves. Nice kind teachers, academic work to his ability. Recess is managed and supported by various activities. It is like we walked into an alternate universe. Smiles all around this campus, not like the other school where you were greeted by a rude and miserable secretary. This is a GREAT SCHOOL, it isnt just me who is happier my son keeps telling me he loves it, well done Dixie elementary

Dixie Elementary School 3

Posted March 22, 2012
The parents are involved and invested in their child's education. The kids do well on the State test because of this not because it's a good school. Most teachers teach to the test and are not invested with the kids. If can can afford private school, consider this before you send them to Dixie.

Dixie Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2011
Dixie is an OK school but there is a lot of bullying going on there by the kids to other kids and by teachers bullying parents for no good reason. I have hope and pray the principle takes care of this for the new school year.

Posted May 12, 2011
In the second grade, my daughter switched from a private school to Dixie. Being the new kid wasn't easy since everyone seemed to know each other since birth.(It's a small community). Anyway, after the first few months she fell in love with Dixie. She told me that at her old school, she had only one friend, and now EVERYONE is a friend. She also shared with me how she felt her old school was grey and boring, and her new school is surrounded by nature and fun. She loves her teachers, friends, and is really thriving. Now she is in the 5th grade, and she's sad that she'll be leaving next year. She's a straight A student, and really applies herself because the encouragement she gets from her teacher makes her want to succeed. We're very happy with Dixie. We'll miss it.

Dixie Elementary School 2

Posted July 03, 2010
We moved here so are comparing to another public school in Bay Area: The teachers teach to the test -- literally reading from teacher manuals during class and work is straight from workbooks, etc. I think a good teacher creates his/her own curriculum using the textbooks and workbooks as supplements, not the be all end all. I also have to comment that the children frankly are not as well-behaved and nice as at other schools.

Posted May 25, 2010
Moving to Dixie from a private school, I find the education and the 'whole student approach' to be far better and far more organized than any private school we have seen. The staff works together to know the student and taylor the education to bring out the best in each student. Hands down, the best school we have seen, and we have seen many!!

Posted February 12, 2010
Our daughter has attended Dixie for five years, ever since kindergarten, and it has been a wonderful experience for her. The teachers are dedicated and enthusiastic, her fellow students are friendly and engaged, and it has a very strong and involved parent community. We couldn't be happier with the school: it has strong academics, excellent enrichment in the arts, and provides a safe and happy environment in which to learn. We're relocating, and the comments on greatschools.org have been really useful for finding a new school for our daughter. For anyone coming to the Dixie School area we strongly recommend Dixie without any reservations at all.

Dixie Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2008
Dixie has received the highest level of achievement from the state and beyond - along with the 'whole student' approach - the families can expect the best well rounded and focused k-5 experience for the students - much more well rounded nad enriched with variety than any private school we looked at in the area.

Dixie Elementary School
1175 Idylberry Drive, San Rafael, CA  94903
Last modified Dixie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dixie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top