San Rafael, CA

Miller Creek Middle School 2

Posted June 04, 2014
My experience at Miller Creek began in 20212/13 with the principal from one of the elementary schools moving to MC, which was fine. In the last 2 years, the new leadership seems weak, and the kids who create the most problems have gotten to the point where they seem like they do whatever they want. Dixie is the most wonderful district, but this middle school is going downhill fast and needs intervention! Bullying, drugs, sexting are all commonplace, yet as a parent I have figured all this out without any notification from the school. The kids who aren't involved are really discouraged and sickened by the atmosphere, and are glad to be moving on. What a sad story about this formerly fantastic middle school. Help MCMS!!!

Posted May 31, 2014
We just moved to the area and I was terrified of sending my child to a gr 6-8 school in a neighborhood with not much diversity. This school is wonderful and the kids are great (and not as 'entitled' as I thought they would act). The leadership team is doing a great job. The teachers are very responsive and available when the kids need them. They offer a lot of extra things that Public schools generally do not offer. My 6th grader loves it, is being challenged academically and feels very safe.

Posted January 19, 2013
Miller Creek has inspiring teachers, many excellent 'extras' and an overall environment that gives parents confidence. MC consistently produces county-wide winners in math, spelling, debate - against kids from higher-income districts. The library is wonderful also.

Posted August 29, 2012
I love this school , it has a-lot of great teachers, clubs, sports, activities, friends, and more that a student could wish for.

Posted March 25, 2012
I love that the school holds the students accountable for their actions, thusforth, they go into high school prepared--with materials ready when the bell rings, and armed with good manners. Both the old and the new principal have been outstanding. My only complaint is the English curriculum does not include classic novels traditionally taught to middle school students--they don't even read a Shakespeare sonnet. Therefore, they come to high school unprepared to read, comprehend and analyse literature. They only seem to read historical fiction which just isn't right. Aside from a couple of lazy teachers (every school has then) the teachers at Miller Creek are outstanding.

Posted March 22, 2012
This is an incredible school. Only disappointment is the principal which came from the grammar school. I hope she is more motivated here Most teachers are great and the kids really learn a lot.

Posted March 18, 2012
We had a very solid experience at Miller Creek for our daughter. There are several outstanding teachers and the new principal is an engaged leader. Miller Creek strives to be inclusive and ensures a safe environment for all students. We have been very impressed and we recommend Miller Creek to other families.

Posted April 18, 2011
We have a son at Miller Creek. He is none too easy! I am none to easy about the capabilities of our public schools in the US usually preferring alternative ways of education. Miller Creek has been an incredible surprise; giving me hope that public education will prevail. We have a son who wants and needs a larger stage for his education. This school works for him BECAUSE of the smarts and tenacity of the people that work there. These people are dedicated to their students and to one another. The teachers and staff have worked diligently with this boy who use to abhor school. Through the efforts of the principal and his caring admin and the teachers, we have seen maturity in our son. He has found the interest and ability to WANT to learn. The teachers and staff spent time figuring out how to INVOLVE him in things he loves. It helped immensely. The school is strict. Something, in my opinion, necessary to keep children safe, given all they have to contend with. The teachers are available to meet with parents and students. The staff has their eyes open. The theatre and art and music department, a God send. Excellent school. Not many like this one these days.

Posted March 14, 2011
This school is very over the top great. I have had such a good 3 years here. The teachers are so amazing, the library is stocked with fun material, and the peers of mine are so accepting. I really don't think any other school would have the potential that Miller Creek Middle School has.

Posted March 22, 2010
We moved our son from another middle school in San Rafael to this one, and we are so happy we did so. It's a safe friendly environment with a student demographic which really strives for academic excellence. I did not know how bad our last school was until we came to this school.

Miller Creek Middle School
2255 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael, CA  94903
Last modified Miller Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miller Creek Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top