San Rafael, CA

Posted March 19, 2015
VV is an excellent choice! Both of my sons have attended VV starting in kindergarten. One is about to go on to high school and the other is about to enter VV middle school. VV offers a intercultural experience and a small community feel. Both of my children test above average if not advanced on all standardized state tests and do not suffer at all due to the overall low scoring of this school. Many students at VV are bilingual and are tested in their non-native language thus the low overall test scores. These students will master at least two languages before middle school. How many of us can say that about our children? Fantastic!

Posted April 29, 2014
Venetia Valley school is a great school with supportive parents and a great atmosphere where kids can learn. We have great after school programs that are so reasonably priced that allow your child to participate in a variety of enrichment programs. My children love going to school everyday and are learning so much on a daily basis. We have educational coaches that assist the teachers and can report how my child is performing against our educational standards. Check out Venetia Valley for yourself. It is an undiscovered gem.

Posted October 24, 2013
I have two kids here, and we have LOVED every teacher we have had, we've been here 6 years. Juan is great and will only get better. Come on Santa Venetia, support your local school and make it the best!

Venetia Valley Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
Fantastic new Principal is bringing great things to VV: new programs, new environment, new attitude. Loving it!

Posted August 10, 2013
My school works hard and tries hard. The teachers strive to continue to improve this school each year. I am really proud of our hard work and dedication

Posted June 18, 2013
I have two kids at VV, and I couldn't be happier with what's happening there. The systemic problems of the past are being remedied - Juan Rodriguez had a great first year as principal and really changed the tone on campus. The teachers are great - some of the most dedicated people I've ever met. My kids are thriving, and things are just continuing to get better...

Posted December 20, 2012
I live in the neighborhood, and was very nervous about sending my kindergartner to school here. I had heard so many bad things about VV, but my kid is just a poor fit for the private school my other children have attended. I have to tell you that I have been very pleasantly surprised by our experience with VV. My son's teacher is the best Kindergarten teacher that any of my 4 kids have had, and it seems that the new principal has really upped the level of leadership at the school. I have no complaints--I think this school has the potential of becoming really great.

Venetia Valley Elementary School 4

Posted October 14, 2012
I have one child here, and another joining next year. VV has some of the best teachers, and now one of the best principals in all of Marin. After a series of district failures to provide consistent leadership, Juan Rodriguez is a prayer answered at the helm. The school has a new and exciting energy to it which you won't see anywhere else. Issues involving test scores and community involvement are simply, directly and literally solved by local families choosing to send their children there. We hope the new leadership and vision will inspire exactly that.

Posted August 22, 2012
Both of my kids attend this school and are doing great! I am impressed with the new administration and all the changes being made. This could be a great "neighborhood" school if our neighbors would just attend. This school offers tons of diversity and a real life experience.

Venetia Valley Elementary School 2

Posted August 21, 2012
Our experience at VV was not a positive one. I hope for the sake of the school that the new leadership really takes a firm stand against bullying and lack of dicipline in the classroom. Most of the kids in our neighborhood attend private school but we wanted to give VV a chance. We lasted a year and that as it.

Venetia Valley Elementary School
177 North San Pedro Rd, San Rafael, CA  94903
Last modified Venetia Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Venetia Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top