Posted September 10, 2014
I have been very impressed with Laurel Del Elementary. My son has special needs, so I make it a point to be a super involved parent. Since I constantly reach out to the teachers and staff I know firsthand how amazing these people really are. They have created an environment where my son is truly thriving. I am so thankful for the personal attention and tailored curriculum, which has allowed my son to surpass expectations given his disability. What a blessing this school has been for my family.

Posted July 30, 2014
Laurel Dell Elementary is a lovely school and well worth the cost of home ownership in the area. The staff are consistently polite, competent and do an excellent job. Academic achievement is the norm for these kids. My children are having such a wonderful experience. During their time at Laurel Dell we have had zero issues of any kind. I couldn t be happier.

Posted July 30, 2014
Excellent School. Committed teachers and parents. Would not consider ever sending my son anywhere else.

Posted July 29, 2014
We have had 2 kids at this school and have had wonderful experiences. The small and diverse community, extremely committed teachers, many enrichment programs and use of data to create small groups to challenge children at every level make it a unique and wonderful learning environment.

Posted July 28, 2014
Laurel Dell Elementary is a wonderful community of families determined to make sure that the children get the most diverse, enriching, fulfilling and enjoyable educational experience. We have experienced immense support from the teachers and staff but you need to be an involved parent. It makes such a huge difference regardless of the school you child attends.

Posted June 25, 2014
This school is an amazing experience for your children. My two children went through here as the "luckier" kids of our county not needing much. They not only received an excellent academic education but they have received an education in understanding other cultures both ethnically and economically. My kids are well rounded in sports, dance and music much due to the schools success as well as our decision as parents to involve them in these activities outside of school. My children were never made "fun of" such as for being a boy who took dance, etc rather, his peers thought it was cool. The "bullying", shunning, and "mean girl" ordeals I witnessed my friends having to deal with at neighboring schools were very sad and they just didn't exist at Laurel Del because we have children with real issues and the school handles them beautifully and teaches all the children acceptance. With less than 200 children at the school, a darling play yard, green house, loving teachers, this is where you should send your child. Don't let scores and labels scare you away- you will be sorry. If you are zoned for this school and have the option to go here- don't pass it up!

Laurel Dell Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2012
Worse School!! I moved out of this neighborhood just to take my autistic son out of this school. They send him home everyday like he was a criminal. Now he goes to Dixie school district and they are GREAT, the Principal is very active and teachers are very committed.

Laurel Dell Elementary School 2

Posted February 28, 2011
My child is special needs and I'm concerned that the school needs more help learning how to assist these special needs children. My child is developly behind in his social skills due to a speech problem. He reacts immaturly to social situations when all he wants to do is make friends and play. He doesn't understand how to do this properly and it seems that the school principle and secretary just want to label him and put him in a corner rather than try to help him and other kids learn and teach him how to play together. This is our second year at this school and I'm really dissappointed in seeing this pattern. I'm going to write a letter today and hopefully get him the additional help he needs. Wish me luck.

Posted April 05, 2010
We have two kids at Laurel Dell. It is a really special little school. The principal, staff, and teachers all know all of the kids and families. The teachers are incredible, and everyone who works here goes the extra mile to make our children's experience really exceptional. My kids have done well on standardized tests and are doing great academically, but more importantly, they have developed a love of learning and learned not only within the classroom, but on the playground as they learn from a diverse group of classmates who each have a different story.

Laurel Dell Elementary School 0

Posted October 26, 2009
We have 3 kids at LD. We love it. The teachers are amazing, the spirit and community sweet. A great size. All the kids know each others' names and stories. A great blending of English and Spanish speaking families. There is a lot of love here. Come see morning song and our garden. Our children have excelled and been challenged here.

Laurel Dell Elementary School
225 Woodland Ave, San Rafael, CA  94901
Last modified Laurel Dell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurel Dell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top