San Rafael, CA

Posted December 15, 2014
My son attended St. Isabella from K through 8. The size of the school, with one class per grade, is just right allowing everybody to get to know each other and the location, away from busy streets, with a large, grass field is safe. Aftercare is a particularly strong asset as you can use it on an hourly basis, as needed, with no long-term commitment. Teachers really care for the kids and the environment is supportive. I was not catholic when my son first started at SI and when we were considering schools for him I was not very religious and was unsure about a catholic education but my wife went to catholic school and felt strongly about it. I have since come to understand the importance of moral teaching, social justice and why it is important for your child, Christian or not, to understand that they are not the center of the universe (despite what mom and dad think!). In addition to giving our son an excellent education that prepared him for high school (he is excelling in his first year at Marin Catholic) SI taught him that serving your community and helping people are more than just nice ideas, they are the core of a well-adjusted person and a valued member of society.

Posted December 12, 2014
This school has a wonderful sense of community and is providing my child with excellent academics. In fact, the schools test scores have been consistently high - since we have been attending the school. It is a quiet gem in Marin County!

Posted November 04, 2014
St. Isabella School is a wonderful, nurturing, and challenging environment. The school faculty and staff are excellent with the students. The students are happy and feel very comfortable at this school. We have been a part of this community for close to 30 years and St. Isabella has been a positive staple in our lives.

St. Isabella School 2

Posted July 08, 2014
We left the school last year. The teachers are nice and well-meaning but our children were not being challenged academically. Their new school (also in Marin county) has an atmosphere that is not only more welcoming but more inclusive and a superior administration.

Posted May 17, 2014
Our son has thrived at St. Isabella School. The teaching staff are excellent - challenging academically, supportive, engaged with parents, attentive to the children. Our principal exudes an "open door" policy - she is open to input from parents and eager to recognize the success and accomplishments of students. St. Isabella offers state of the art technology for all grades, a gifted music teacher and children's choirs, an award-winning Debate Club, and a spacious campus that the kids take full advantage of every day. If you are looking for a small, K-8 school with a wonderful community, conveniently located in Central Marin, you would be wise to consider St. Isabella School!!

Posted April 03, 2014
We are very happy with the school. Both kindergarten and first grade have been a great experience for our son. The principal has been fantastic.

St. Isabella School 3

Posted January 29, 2014
I am a current student at this school and enjoy attending. There are some problems though. Even though the some teachers are friendly, others need to be a bit nicer. Another thing is that we used to have good hot lunch. Now we have a service called schoolfoodies. This service is nasty and one of my friends got moldy pizza. Also, schoolfodies produces so much trash and waste. Another thing is the playyard policy. We are not allowed to have a football, because they say its "too pointy". A football is about as pointy as my finger or tip of my shoe. I also think the uniform policy is ridiculous. We are not allowed to wear black Nike socks because there is a white swoosh on them and they say that is not matching.

Posted September 27, 2013
St. Isabella in San Rafael is wonderful catholic school to educate your children not only in the normal education subjects but also in many of life's greater lessons. Things like being community minded, being respectful, caring, honest and giving are also taught. The classes are well structured and the teachers and staff are strong. This is our 3rd year and our kids love it at St. Isabella.

St. Isabella School 1

Posted September 21, 2013
This school should not be considered to be parochial let alone religious in anyway. It is disappointing as both my husband and I both attended parochial many years ago and felt our experiences are no where where this school should be. Discipline is negative as are the teachers, especially in KG where you need empathic, warm-hearted individuals for the young ones. If you have a bad teacher, then you are stuck - only one class per grade..... and there are a lot of bad teachers. The good teachers have moved on as they too did not like the principal, vp and staff. I agree with the prior post that parents are clicky and gossip more than I have ever experienced in my life. Overall would not recommend - a VERY NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE AT THIS SCHOOL. We will be transferring our child to another parochial school in Marin.

St. Isabella School 4

Posted September 08, 2013
This school has been great for my son. The staff are wonderful and always willing to help and support him. In the last year I have seen many great changes in and around the campus. Thank you St. Isabella school for all that you have done for us.

St. Isabella School