Bad
Good

Venture (Alternative) School 5

Posted October 05, 2012
We LOVE Venture. Our son joined Venture during the last half of 8th grade. He was struggling, coming home from school wiped out. He took two classes at Venture that year (English and Science), continuing at DVMS for the rest. The positive change in how he felt about his schoolwork, and himself was immediate. Venture let him move forward, even finishing science early for the year, earning As in both classes. The one on one instruction with Venture's incredibly caring and committed teachers is amazing. He regained confidence and spirit. Grades also shot up at DVMS. Venture is now full time (9th grade) with a concurrent Algebra class at our nearby HS; challenging but rewarding, and all As thus far. He is figuring out what works for him to truly enjoy the educational process. He is looking fwd to concurrent college courses in English. Independent study takes self-discipline and a lot of parental support and guidance. Some kids get their battery charged in the larger, busier schools. For others, like our son, the larger the classroom, the more his battery drains. Venture charges and challenges him. We are so proud and happy to be part of the Venture community.

Venture (Alternative) School 5

Posted January 22, 2012
I can't say enough about how pleased I am with Venture. We removed my son from WRMS at the end of his 7th grade year due to lack of support from the staff regarding accommodations for his special needs. Thanks to the support of his teacher Andy, principal Matt Hermann, and counselor Marsha Mak, among others, our son is a confident and independent individual with high academic achievements that he is quite proud of! Venture is a school that IS what you put into it. Parental support is essential. As it is in every school. At Venture however, we never feel ignored and have been given a tremendous amount of understanding and support. Our son is a senior this year and because of the independent study system he is able to work more hours during the day which has enabled him to buy a car. He will be attending college this fall but he will be sad to say goodbye to everyone at Venture. We will also.

Venture (Alternative) School

Posted October 03, 2009
Venture gives kids the opportunity to learn at their own pace, and provides a structure in which to do that. I've seen my previously homeschooled son thrive here. their arts classes are inspiring and allow kids to really express their own creativity. The concurrent enrollment with the local community college gives my son a chance to excel in those subjects he loves most. All around, its a great way to go to school.

Venture (Alternative) School 3

Posted September 30, 2006
I was a former student at Venture and attended the school for about 9 months. I found that I was extremely bored with the ciricularum and had nothing to do on the days I didn't go to school except stay home and watch TV and surf the internet. Staying focused and on task was another issue for I found myself easliy distracted. I found that having no social interaction with other kids was also pretty depressing. Now im back in regular highschool and cant believe I ever participated in the program, for I realized how much I love school and the 'true' highschool experiance. Venture was fun for a while in the beginning but got real boring and I learned how much I like regular school. So there is drama, peer pressure, and social dilemas, but isnt that what highschool is all about?

Venture (Alternative) School 4

Posted April 01, 2005
Venture is a School of Independent Study where students can excel in their interests and perhaps catch up in their weak areas if need be in a supportive environment. I feel that Venture gives students a solid start for College and Life. At Venture, students do not need to deal with the drama, peer pressures and other issues of school in a regular setting. Venture allows students to be all that they can be, participate in their future and thrive.

Venture (Alternative) School
10540 Albion Road, San Ramon, CA  94582-2901
Last modified Venture (Alternative) School is a Public school that serves grades K-12