San Ramon, CA

Quail Run Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2014
This schools district we moved in to in 2008 when my oldest son went to quil run elementary First of it is mixed community mostly people from India and Korea These kids have tutors and go to churches that offer free tutoring to them My child was new in school it takes time to get used it to any child he is energetic and full of life Teachers did not like that They used kids that are quite and east to be controlled I had meetings with school personnel They said that my child has to be seen by doctor and proscribe calm down prescription and it is autism ! And he has to go to special aid class which was something new and outrages to me because I know my son and he is absolutly normal . I didn't like that and transfer him to coyoti creek elementary where of course since it's same district they knew about my son To make story short it is rotten spoiled and ignorance population . You have to meet there standards otherwise you out or you are will diagnosed by district with disorder they can come up with So make sure before you move Danville /dan ramon you are prepared and your child has A's ,B's and is looks in one direction without making a sound ! Good luck !

Posted April 22, 2014
I have loved Quail Run since my daughter's first day of Kindergarten. She is now in 5th grade and will be graduating in a couple of months and I am very proud of my daughter's development socially and scholastically. The campus is safe and there are always adults supervising during their stated hours. The system is well organized for pickups and drop-offs that are consistently enforced. Staff does an amazing job of communicating with parents. Parents remain very involved in activities. PTA has very high participation and provides fun activities and enriched learning activities throughout the year. Plenty of opportunities to become part of a community, albeit not very diverse... but I have always found the majority to be fairly welcoming. Amazing leadership by previous principal. New principal's first year is proving to be a good candidate

Posted September 26, 2013
My 2nd grader last year loved her teachers and school. This school truly cares about our kids overall education and character!

Quail Run Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2012
My daughter used to go here, and she loved it! It was sad that we had to switch schools, but she seems happier with the one she currently has. Twin Creeks Elementary has O.K communication, but Quail Run helps me better in finding out what events are taking place. My daughter has been there for K-1st grade, and now she is in 4th grade. She misses Quail Run, but, like I said, is happy to be with her new school. Quail Run is better for its large community, great communication, and well education. I remember that the school principle had a principle of the year reward. Twin Creeks has that well education, but is small and has poor communication. The way I say what Twin Creeks is about doesn't make it a bad thing, actually, in real life, I think their tied even if Quail Run has more stars. Its tough for me, so I am going to put 4 stars.

Posted April 14, 2012
Great communication with parents that encourages involvement. Integrated online curriculum helps parents stay involved with weekly syllabus progress.

Posted June 11, 2011
We just finished our third year at Quail Run and love it! The parent involvement through the PTA, Learning Fund and classroom volunteers is amazing! We are like one big community all looking out for each other. The teachers are fantastic and truly care. The administration is AMAZING and supportive of everyone. My only problem has been Mrs Verbani, the PE teacher. She obviously doesn't like her job. I understand that to deal with that many children you need to be somewhat strict but she is over the top. I have witnessed her on many occasions and I don't like the way she treats the kids. Telling them to "stop being such wimps" after they get hurt (and still have swelling a day later from) is not conducive to a positive learning environment. Making children cry and be fearful of you is just plain bullying. I am too hesitant to take it any further though because I don't want my child to be targeted by her continuously.

Posted May 16, 2011
Quail Run has just been approved for the first Mandarin/English immersion program in the district in May 2011! We will have the first 50:50 immersion program available beginning Fall 2011 for Kindergartener, and the plan is to add one additional level per year. This is awesome....understanding a second language is so important in this global economy, and we are glad that QR is on the edge of keeping up with this evolving trend.

Posted May 05, 2011
I've had the privilege of long-term subbing at both Live Oak and Quail Run. As a Windemere parent of a future student, I'd prefer my child attend QR. I've worked with 4 different principals. Mrs. Loflin is at the top of my list in terms of her leadership. The teachers at QR do seem more approachable. I've had numerous students tell me they love it there! The after school programs offered there are a bonus.

Posted October 28, 2010
My daughter went to Quail run last year in decemeber and I was amazed at the school and specially her teacher in 4th grade. she helped her so much in adjusting to the school and the class. she was so easily accessible for any questions i had. both me and my daughter loved it there. but since our home school was hidden hills we have this year moved here. I have to agree , my experience at quail run was much better. In hidden hills I have seen her teacher only twice , one at the back to school night and second the conference day. i found quail run more open and welcoming and the parents also more friendly. The principal and the admin staff are also very friendly and helpful.

Quail Run Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2010
Quail run has an awesome staff, and all that positive energy is truly reflected in the kids and their education.

Quail Run Elementary School
4000 Goldenbay Avenue, San Ramon, CA  94582
Last modified Quail Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quail Run Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top