Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Live Oak Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2016
Run far far away from this school if your child needs any extra support from teachers and staff. This school caters to the high performers. Children with any sort of learning challenges are ignored. 504 plans do not work and are not recognized. We even had issues with the district when putting a 504 in place. My son felt bullied and betrayed every day by both teachers and students. He became an entirely different person once he left the school. He was so happy and confident. I only wish I had pulled him out sooner.

Posted April 27, 2015
Live Oak Elementary is an excellent school under principal Nadine. Teachers and staff are very polite with a very balanced support provided by parents in terms of volunteering and managing extra activities. PTA works hand in hand with the school to provide parents with information organize meetings, send out flyers/news letters. I have two daughters (KG and 3rd grade) who go to Live Oak and they love their school and teachers. School keeps us very well informed via emails on weekly activities. I haven't seen the principal missing sending out an email Sunday if there are important activities that kids have in the following week and she does not want them to miss. I am glad that we decided to move to San Ramon and have our kids go to Live Oak, one of the best decisions that we have made in the past 10 years :) Thank you Live Oak staff! You rock! Here is the website of the school - http://www.loes.schoolloop.com/

Posted October 01, 2012
My son just started going to Live Oak Elementary Kindergarten. He did his preschool at stratford in Danville. We did a lot of research before deciding if he should go to Live Oak public or a private school. Considering we live in San Ramon and Live Oak is an awesome school we chose the same. We are happy. He is happy and Live Oak actually is exceeding our expectation. Very organized, consistent, engaging, and with discipline.

Posted September 06, 2012
Superb Principal & Vice Principal! Great teachers - my son is a 3rd-grader and attended this school since Kindergarten! During school breaks, my son is always excited to go back to school.

Posted August 22, 2011
My son attended K-grade in Live Oak last year. He loved it. The teachers were very responsible, offered great program to the kids and had done a excellent job to execute it. We moved from Pleasanton. Our elder daughter attended K-grade in Pleasanton. We thought Pleasanton schools were very good. However, Live Oak is even over our expectation. In short, we feel our son is in good hands so far.

Posted June 12, 2011
It is one of the best school in my opinion. Both of my daughters are attending this school. All the teachers they encountered were very nice. They all paid lots of attention to details in class works. Both my wife and me volunteered in school extensively, so we saw lots of class activities. Some parents talked about outside school teaching boosting API score. That is true. But when you look around, you will see almost all the high API score schools are the same way. Compare with other states and other countries, California education standard is pretty low. Since over 50% students are from Asian family (India and China), they all have higher expectations to their kids. I do not see any thing wrong with that as long as kids happy. One parent mentioned that school did not communicate any health information with parents. That is not true. We received weekly email about what is going on in school. Overall, the whole Windemere and Gale Ranch area has the best schools. We love here.

Live Oak Elementary School 3

Posted March 10, 2011
I agree with that one bad apple parent. The school is average as the teachers are not really that great but students work hard outside the school which in turn reflects on API scores. Teachers expect the kids to be perfect and one of the teacher was running her classroom like it was a military training and she wanted the kids to OBEY to her and mind you not listen, and she does not have any kids. I was very concerned as a parent and she passed on this comment to the other teacher and all the teachers in my child's grade started treating her/him badly. The attitude of the teachers was very bad as I believe that teachers are like ladders for any child to reach the top in academics and behavior. They are not best role models as I can proudly say that what I'm today is because I had too many great teachers while growing up who I think even today as my role models. Teaching job is unlike any other job as they should have the commitment to produce best kids as they are the future citizens and generation for which parents and teachers are equally responsible.

Posted September 02, 2010
My daughter has been attending this school for last 2 years and I would give the "Excellent" rating for teachers, school admin staff, principal. This is one of the best elementary schools in SFO bayarea.

Live Oak Elementary School

Posted March 24, 2010
This school is awesome. Stellar academics, high expectations & an excellent learning atmosphere. Kids are happy, love their teachers & feel really safe. This is just the 3rd year since the school opened & it has everything a school needs to get the DIstinguished school status. The community support is great & parents are highly educated & very involved in their kids learning.

Posted January 26, 2010
I've two children who have been attending Live Oak for the last 3 years. Overall, I would rate the school, teaching staff and the principal very highly, though there is always scope for improvement in specific areas. The school has children coming from very diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, which mirrors the population of California. The teachers are dedicated and take a great deal of interest in their jobs. A number of parents including my wife volunteer tirelessly to make the experience better for everyone. There was a comment from another parent about the language barrier, which I think exists only in the mind of the person who perceives it. All the children I've interacted with at the school speak fluent English and stats show that we do better than the state average on English. Many of the parents are not native english speakers, but, most of them are highly educated.

Live Oak Elementary School
5151 Sherwood Way, San Ramon, CA  94582-5961
Last modified Live Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Live Oak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top