Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted May 10, 2016
Nobody in the school , so I have to pick parent and thank myself. Very not so smart user interface greatschools

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 10, 2016
There is no message from principal regarding bullying. Boys can hit boys because they are like that attitude.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 10, 2016
Everything comes from the prinicipal in her bias attitude. Some of the students gets bullied in park, None of parent attendents are trained to handle it.

Live Oak Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2016
My son went to this school. Principal is one of the worst I have seen. She has total disregard to bullying in the school with her 'boys are like boys" attitude. We had terrible experience overall. Unfortunately this happened to be our home school.. I am totally unhappy with treatment of students. Education is not well rounded.

Live Oak Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2016
Run far far away from this school if your child needs any extra support from teachers and staff. This school caters to the high performers. Children with any sort of learning challenges are ignored. 504 plans do not work and are not recognized. We even had issues with the district when putting a 504 in place. My son felt bullied and betrayed every day by both teachers and students. He became an entirely different person once he left the school. He was so happy and confident. I only wish I had pulled him out sooner.

Posted April 27, 2015
Live Oak Elementary is an excellent school under principal Nadine. Teachers and staff are very polite with a very balanced support provided by parents in terms of volunteering and managing extra activities. PTA works hand in hand with the school to provide parents with information organize meetings, send out flyers/news letters. I have two daughters (KG and 3rd grade) who go to Live Oak and they love their school and teachers. School keeps us very well informed via emails on weekly activities. I haven't seen the principal missing sending out an email Sunday if there are important activities that kids have in the following week and she does not want them to miss. I am glad that we decided to move to San Ramon and have our kids go to Live Oak, one of the best decisions that we have made in the past 10 years :) Thank you Live Oak staff! You rock! Here is the website of the school - http://www.loes.schoolloop.com/

Posted October 01, 2012
My son just started going to Live Oak Elementary Kindergarten. He did his preschool at stratford in Danville. We did a lot of research before deciding if he should go to Live Oak public or a private school. Considering we live in San Ramon and Live Oak is an awesome school we chose the same. We are happy. He is happy and Live Oak actually is exceeding our expectation. Very organized, consistent, engaging, and with discipline.

Posted September 06, 2012
Superb Principal & Vice Principal! Great teachers - my son is a 3rd-grader and attended this school since Kindergarten! During school breaks, my son is always excited to go back to school.

Posted August 22, 2011
My son attended K-grade in Live Oak last year. He loved it. The teachers were very responsible, offered great program to the kids and had done a excellent job to execute it. We moved from Pleasanton. Our elder daughter attended K-grade in Pleasanton. We thought Pleasanton schools were very good. However, Live Oak is even over our expectation. In short, we feel our son is in good hands so far.

Posted June 12, 2011
It is one of the best school in my opinion. Both of my daughters are attending this school. All the teachers they encountered were very nice. They all paid lots of attention to details in class works. Both my wife and me volunteered in school extensively, so we saw lots of class activities. Some parents talked about outside school teaching boosting API score. That is true. But when you look around, you will see almost all the high API score schools are the same way. Compare with other states and other countries, California education standard is pretty low. Since over 50% students are from Asian family (India and China), they all have higher expectations to their kids. I do not see any thing wrong with that as long as kids happy. One parent mentioned that school did not communicate any health information with parents. That is not true. We received weekly email about what is going on in school. Overall, the whole Windemere and Gale Ranch area has the best schools. We love here.

5151 Sherwood Way, San Ramon, CA  94582-5961
Last modified Live Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.