San Ramon, CA

Posted May 13, 2015
Bollinger Elementary School is an amazing school. The teachers really pay attention to the children and want to see them succeed. They do everything they can to help the students out, and this goes across every single grade level. The administration is fantastic and I could not have chosen a better school for my children!

Posted June 04, 2013
I think that this school is very good compared to what I have experienced at other schools. My son came from Hayward Unified School District and this school and school district is like night and day comparison. The parent and teacher involvement in the students school life is great. I can't really think of anything that they could improve on to make it a better experience for my son. He used to not really like school and now he enjoys going to school and his teachers and new friends. The quality of this school is great!

Posted September 15, 2009
Bollinger Canyon Elementary School is a warm, loving, and inspiration learning center. The teachers are passionate for what they do and the parents and PTA are extremely supportive. My son loves going to school everyday and is disappointed when Saturday comes...

Posted September 12, 2008
Bollinger is a great school. I have a 5th grader that has been here since Kindergarten. I also have a 1st grader. The teachers and staff are great. San Ramon School district is rated 6th in the state. The parents are turly involved and it shows in our children and their scores. I'm proud to say my child attends Bollinger and any of the schools in San Ramon.

Bollinger Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2006
In general Bollinger has excellent teachers and overall, I think it's an outstanding school. Until this past year, the poor quality of the principal led to many problems, however, that principal has left the school. The new principal was thoroughly checked, so we don't expect the problems of the past. Parents are expected to pay about $200 per student to support the very good (although limited) drama, music and art programs. On-site childcare is very good and numerous off-site childcare organizations pick up at the school & take the kids via vans to their locations.

Posted February 19, 2006
My child has been at Bollinger Elementary since third grade. The teachers are very in tune with the needs of the children and the parents. Bollinger Canyon provides a safe and nurturing environment for my daughter. Having the option of on-site child care is a bonus.

Bollinger Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2005
Bollinger is a school with hidden potentials which are not being fully exploited. My child's 3rd grade teacher from last year has been reassigned to a lower grade. PE is in distress. The principal's manner towards these problems (and those who voice them) is beuraucratic, to say the least. This has brought a 'political' air to the otherwise extremely efficient PTA. Certain dismissals and controvercial decisions from last year have put this school on unstable grounds. I do feel and hope that the excellent group of teachers at this school should have the opportunity to express and exercise their right to freely explore the avenues of learning...

Posted August 27, 2005
Bollinger canyon school is a very good school. I went their when I was a child, and now my son goes there. The teachers are wonderful. I like the way they truly involve the parents in their childs learning.

Posted June 03, 2005
Both my children have attended Bollinger Canyon for the last two years. The parent involvement is high, so it makes for a great environment for the students. There are so many extra curricular activities to choose from and the PTA sponsors many school programs. The staff is caring and the teachers are excellent. It is a family-like atmosphere. They are actually in the middle of renovating the school, to be completed by the year 2006.

Bollinger Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2005
I have been a parent at this school for 9 years. During the last 5 years, I have seen the general morale of this school deteriorate, in my opinion, due to the Principal's leadership (or, lack thereof). There are some wonderful teacher's at this school, who have provided my children with an outstanding foundation for learning. However, my biggest concern is that the parent community is patronized and condescended to by the administration. I believe that the teachers are largely disgruntled, and it is palpable to the children, unfortunately. The lower grades, K, 1, 2, and 3 have mostly veteran teachers, who are seemingly there for the right reasons (the kids!) But, the 4th and 5th grade teachers seem to have very dictatorial leadership styles, that the administration seems to condone.

2300 Talavera Drive, San Ramon, CA  94583
Last modified Bollinger Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bollinger Canyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top