Golden View Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2014
Not very happy with this school. Thing is, as a parent, generally for you the school is as good as the teacher your child gets. But still after some years you can rate the school. Teachers complain a lot about kids and send them to office or take away their recess as a punishment over benign things esp. in K, 1st and 2nd grades. If your child is not Caucasian, independent and a typical child then you might face problems (e.g. most of the teachers are white and don't appreciate cultural differences). Teachers are also quick to label kids saying they have learning disability and use that argument to get extra help in the classroom for themselves. Some teachers don't want to do anything extra to help the child who might be having difficulties. If your child was in special education even for minor things then it is a reflex to send him back there as general education staff (principal included) don't want to deal with such kids. As parents you don't know what goes in the classroom so you have to go by what the teacher says and if there is no trust then it is a downward spiral. I wish teachers made teaching more interesting so that kids don't find it boring and tiring.

Posted September 04, 2014
My daughter attended this school for one year and we were so sad to leave, but work transferred us to our next adventure. I absolutely LOVED our experience with Golden View; I have to give a big shout out to Mrs. Burgermeister; she literally made my daughter's 1st grade year the absolute best and has left a lasting impression. She is extremely talented at balancing rules, learning, yet a soft comfort to the kids who need a little extra kindness. She taught my daughter that "you can be beautiful on the inside AND the outside!" My daughter was always challenged in her work, and if she didn't understand something right away, Mrs. B always took the time to give her a little extra help. She was constantly being encouraged to read books at her level and comprehend what the books were saying. The principal was always visible and had care and concern for the kids and their safety. I felt like I could talk to her at any time.

Posted August 06, 2014
This is an awesome school. We moved to San Ramon from Cupertino last year and in the beginning I was concerned about the schools. This school exceeded all my expectations and some more. The school is academically equivalent or better to any of the top Cupertino schools without the intense pressure. The teachers, the principal, the admin staff are very involved and helpful. I wish we had moved to San Ramon earlier!

Golden View Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2014
The job sharing teachers in third grade this academic year did not complete even the reduced common core standard. I am surprised that with two teachers they could do wonders but they couldn't. School field trip was cancelled for this class. Few class fun activities and art activities got reduced. They both were very unorganized. They were behind compared to other third grade teachers in all subjects right from 1st trimester. It would have been nice if there is any feedback mechanism for parents to give feedback on such low performing teachers in such good schools. Unfortunately there is no such mechanism that exist to provide such feedback. As a parent, if I grade their teaching, I would rank them as 2 (1 is least effective; 2 is less effective and .....5 consistently very effective). My rating is based on my own experience with these two teachers.

Posted May 22, 2014
We were directed to Golden View because our home school was full and I am so happy it was full because this school is great. My daughter loves going here. I love the way they structure homework here. My daughter is challenged adequately and not pushed too hard as in some other schools in San Ramon. They have fun here and still achieve very high scores. The PTA is great and very involved, they organize tons of social events which I love. Great school, great teachers, great students and great parents.

Posted May 18, 2014
Very hard working and dedicated teachers. My kids teacher is a role model to my kid. All the staff and teachers are very attentive and respond back immediately. Not only is the school academically superior, but they also have great art, music and PE program. We are very happy with this school

Posted August 21, 2013
This school is one of the originals. The teachers go above and beyond daily! The district wide TK program was written by one of our very own teachers. It's a small town community and everyone looks out for the kids.

Posted June 04, 2013
Mrs. Burgermeister is an excellent teacher! Consider yourself lucky if your kid is assigned to her.

Golden View Elementary School 0

Posted September 20, 2009
the best teachers, students and parents!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golden View Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Golden View is a great school for helping shape well rounded students.

Golden View Elementary School
5025 Canyon Crest Drive, San Ramon, CA  94583
Last modified Golden View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top