San Ramon, CA

Posted September 15, 2013
Iron Horse is a wonderful school. The teachers cover the course materials in a very interactive way. They also make learning fun. The school is very welcoming and develops the kids into critical thinkers and prepares them for college and life in the future.

Posted August 01, 2013
The teachers are awesome and make tremendous contribution to the futures success of their students in high school and beyond.

Iron Horse Middle School

Posted August 21, 2009
Iron Horse is an awesome place to go to to make friends and learn. We have after-school math lessons and sports. The schedule is very organized. I'm lucky to be in a school like this. Go Iron Horse Jaguars!!!

Posted May 21, 2009
IHMS has been a fantastic and overall positive experience for my 6th grade son. The support and genuine caring attitude of the teachers, staff, and parents culminate to make this school the best middle school in the district. Besides the academic excellency exhibited and taught by highly-skilled educators, even the students here seem to recognize and appreciate the high standards this school upholds. Well done! I am more than confident that IHMS is giving my son the finest educational experience. The campus is clean, safe, and well-supervised. While other middle schools in the district are great, this school is off-the-charts exceptional in comparison. We look forward to the next two years at IHMS.

Posted September 03, 2008
IHMS is a fantastic school. It is academically superior (National Blue Ribbon winner), and its staff is approachable, responsive, and caring. My family is lucky to belong to this community.

Posted August 14, 2007
Ironhorse Middle School is a great learning facility for educating the young minds of tommorrow. My daughter absolutely loves attending school at IHMS.

Posted August 19, 2005
IHMS is a fantastic school. My daughter started here after spending her first 6 years of education in a private school setting. At first I was worried that the size of the school would distract her but instead she was re-energized by all the new opportunities she had. She became a Super Jaguar, joined honor society and loved most of her teachers. She really loves this school and will miss it next year when she goes to High School. I love this school because every time I have tried to talk to one of her teachers, I get an immediate response. They meet with me on short notice and I feel we are really working together to give my daughter the best education possible.

Iron Horse Middle School 4

Posted April 28, 2005
My daughter attends Iron Horse Middle School and there are many positive attributes as well as some things she & I do not like. Acedemically, this school is superior - the teachers are accessible, and eager to work with both students and parents to reach a goal of acedemic success. However, my daughter is mixed race (black & white) and is perceived as 'black'. The ethnicity of Iron Horse has been difficult for her because she is SO in the minority. We are considering placing her in a different, more ethnically diverse school next year. The other concern is the economic status of most families in San Ramon. We live in a very nice apartment, but my daughter feels 'poor' because most families live in million dollar homes and drive fancy cars.

Iron Horse Middle School 4

Posted February 25, 2005
The quality of academic progams in Iron Horse are diversified. The teachers of these programs are friendly and are determined to teach my child about the subject. There is symphonic and jazz band, choir, art, basketball, football, track, and much more. Parents can be involved as much as they want because a lot happens within the school.

Posted February 05, 2005
We found Iron Horse to be a well-managed school. Class size is good and parent involvement is encouraged and received. The campus is relatively new and is in good condition. Course offerings are robust and we particularly enjoyed the drama club activites. The surrounding neighborhood is relatively quiet and parking is adequate. All in all, we found Iron Horse to be a great school experience, educationally and socially, for both of our daughters.

Iron Horse Middle School
12601 Alcosta Boulevard, San Ramon, CA  94583
Last modified Iron Horse Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Iron Horse Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top