Bad
Good

This is an Incredible School! The principal is fantastic and our experince has been absolutely great. The staff is caring and compasionate and the teachers our children have had all really care about our children and giving them the best education available. Our daughter will go on to middle school next year and we will be sad to see her leave Montevideo. She has been an advanced student and the program and staff have helped her to acheive at a high level in her education. Our son will be at Montevideo for a few more years, and we look forward to it. Both our children love school and learning, which says a lot! Way to go Montevideo!

I wont even give a 1 star for the kind of culture they are developing recently here. There is zero leader ship and every teacher is their own boss and don't want to take responsibility of child education rather they depend on parents to home school and expect kids learn magically with out putting any effort. for anything and everything first thing come out they have 26 kids per class. complete chaos. like others mentioned they black list kids and try to find wrong on every activities come on they are just kids. Hopefully school board will cleanup the mess soon.

My kid has been going to this school for last 3 years, we really like the school's teachers, office staff and principal for all their services, support, they are so attentive to our questions or concerns. This is perfect elementary school in my opinion and I would recommend to any of my friends. I really appreciate their hard work and support given so far, the parents involvement are so high and the school also provides cogate and ATP. All wonderful and very friendly teachers. thanks

We love Montevideo so much!!! We have a new principle Mrs. Welch this year, who we admire for her everlasting smile and encouraging words to every child and parent. We love all the office staffs and teachers. They have beautiful hearts. You can sense the love and care they have for each child, family and for each other. Seeing Joy, Denys and Nancy work in harmony to reach out to everyone came to office is a joy. Their smiling faces and sweet attitude tell you about the school. Denys still remember my 17 year old son who attended this school in his 4th grade when we just moved in the area. Our son had received so much care and respect in the office while waiting for me. We did not fully realize what we had had until we transferred him to another closer school in his fifth grade, where the atmosphere was totally different. Our boy even came back crying because a teacher's singled him out because of he did not want to dance. 7 years later the office atmosphere is still the same, and teacher can single out a child in public (you can hear the rebuking from a speaker). Comparing to the loving and encouraging atmosphere that Montevideo have! What an exodus we had and blessing we received!

Really a wonderful school.The principal is always active...great that office staff could remember almost all the kid's names...everyone from teachers,principal and office staff are very helpful...students will learn good manners and discipline under such leadership...I'm really happy that my daughter is a part of this great environment..

I love the principal. She is very friendly and approachable and excited about her school. The children at this school were very welcoming to my daughter who came in towards the end of the school year. A great school!

My son is a 3rd grader, and we have an incoming Kindergartner. I have been so pleased with this school. My son's teachers from K - 3 have been absolutely fabulous. The general school community is very supportive and there is a great deal of parent involvement.

Montevideo elementary school is excellent and teachers are great and principal is so great. They ar erunning challenging academic programms.

Excellent teachers.. Strong principal and leadershipChallenging academic programs. My son really improved a lot compared his previous school in teh same school district.

Excellent teachers and so responsive.Lot of patience to the teachers.My son did a great job in third grade. Dynamic head of the school.

Last modified Montevideo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.