Bad
Good

Pine valley has been a poor excuse for a middle school. It helps the top students and does not care about the rest. It is very elitist or pretending and trying to be and in reality being the worst in SRVUSD. Most of the teachers my son has had have been below average. Classes taught by the book and only using the book. Administration at the top is the worst principal I've had to deal with. Has his idea, his way and only his way is the right way. Very insecure leader that is a very small, narrow minded person. Does not have school safety as a number one priority and students are beat up and bullied and nothing is done to protect them. I do not feel my school is safe and protected at this school but bullied by the principal, staff into having their mind set on what is reality.v

This is an outstanding school. The teachers communicate well and I have had 3 kids go through this school and a 4th about to enter next year. As expected some of the low reviews are just plain silly by middle school kids mad about homework or the one parent who "heard" that Iron Horse will give their kid a 92% chance to go to college and be successful. Not sure how you measure that because success is measured in different ways. Iron Horse is a great school but that doesn't make Pine Valley "terrible". Please get a clue.

Wonderful school, wonderful staff! The teachers really care at Pine Valley. I now have my second child at Pine Valley and it hasn't changed. Love it! Lots of great parents too who are very involved. I had my oldest child at Iron Horse who was bullied then failed miserably because of it. We moved to Pine Valley and they made a world of a difference. They cared. I feel like no child really is left behind there.

Wonderful school! Amazing kids and staff there!! Go to that school!! I recommend it with my life!!

Teachers that my children and I have had the pleasure of working with have been helpful when asked. Mr. Law has been very inspirational in conducting meetings concerning my Girls. It takes all of us. The teacher, Principal, myself and my Kids to work together in helping with the education process. I have had to be proactive in all cases while the system seems to be reactive. But once a problem has been brought to every ones attention the help is tremendous. So what I am saying is do not count on the teachers or the school to come to you to say "Hey we might have a problem". "Your child's grade has seriously declined and here is what we think is the cause". You need to get in there and ask the questions and develop a plan together to fix the problem. Once you do this I have found the teachers and Mr. Law to be helpful. If you show you really care you will get the help you need. You also need to get your children to learn to ask for the help. Pine Valley is a wonderful school with a fantastic staff and administration. Mr. Law is a good man. He and the teachers have your kids interest at heart. Don't Wait it'll be too late. No one will reach out to you. Demand Participation.

A terrible school. I had to drop my daughter out, and got to Iron horse, especially because I heard Iron horse has over a 92% chance all kids go to college, and become successful.

My daughter just finished up her last year at Pine Valley. I must say that the Principal, Mr. Law, is really great! He has made a huge difference. While I haven't had all that much contact with him, he seems great at communication, seems very positive, and seems to genuinely care about the kids and the school. My daughter had a wonderful 6th grade core teacher who we still often talk about. Unfortunately her 7th and 8th grade core teachers were not as good. This happens no matter what school you attend though. Some teachers are excited and really care, others are just there to fill up the year and have been disappointing. I'll be back as a parent in Pine Valley in a few years and definitely hope Mr. Law is still there continuing to keep the school at it's best!

This is my child's second year and I am happy with the education he is getting. It is definitely different than elementary and as a parent, you are only connected through SchoolLoop - a system that keeps you up to date on your child's progress DAILY!!! I generally liked most of the teachers that my child had and so does he... except if you can avoid Charles and Lougherty! they are the worst! You as a parent need to keep tabs on them... Also, chaperone at the dances... I must admit, I am shocked at the behavior of the kids!!!!! and the administration doesn't do anything about it... I think they should work on that.

Both my daughter and son went to Pine Valley Middle School. They still have great memories of dedicated teachers that were genuinely interesed in teaching and helping them grow. It was always easy to talk to the entire faculty; this made us (parents) so comfortable and re-assured that our kids were happy and learning. Pine Valley tries hard to do the best for each student, which is not easy in these stiffled economic times. I appreciate SO much how Pine Valley helped to set the foundation for my children. Pine Valley Middle school deserves to be honored and rewarded for thier solid dedication to place CHILDREN FIRST.

Last modified Pine Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.