Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

Teachers are flexible and understand that not all the students have the same learning capacity. If something seems to be "too much" or "too confusing" teachers with alter the homework to suit your child's needs.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have seen it first hand. There are "No Bulling" signs located at the school, and the staff is quick to resolve any issues.

Parents can be very tough on the teachers and school bus drivers in this district, without regard for how much work goes into ensuring that all students get an equal education. Imagine working for low pay, and being dedicated to the kids regardless of cranky parents. I honestly believe they do really well considering the circumstances. This school has a No Bullying Policy. They constantly try to teach respectfulness. My son has been in attendance for the last 2 years; I have volunteered here from time to time, so my opinions are very informed; no excuses involved. Your child's grades really depend on weather or not you are helping them with their homework. Some of the structure depends from teacher to teacher, but everything is assigned by the state and is out of the teachers control; so if your child is having issues (for instance) with Common-Core Math, you'll need to help them at home with basic math first. I like the fact that they have a Before and After School Program from 6:30am to 6:30pm. This really helps the parents with longer work hours who can't afford to pick them up at 2:15pm. (To gain access to this program, make sure you are one of the first people to sign up each year - as space is limited.) The principal is Mr. Lara. In my experience, he is always concerned about the students first and will not hesitate to listen if you have a concern. They also have Mr. Fernando, who helps troubled students work on communicating more efficiently if they seem to be having emotional trouble. The office staff, while very busy, ensure the safety of the children at all times. You will not be allowed onto the premises without checking in. This school is in a "Low Income District" and provides all the meals for the students. They send out messages to your phone when you need information in addition to paper flyers. Sometimes the calls can be a little intrusive, or the paper- flyers can be a little short notice. Not quite five stars, but not quite 3; I'd have to say it's an even 4 stars due to the effort the staff puts forward in ensuring the safety of our children, and the Team Effort they try to instill.

I really like this school and the teachers are excellent our child has improved so much in bilingual class from talking one word in spanish as of July 29 to Oct 10 she can named most anything she see's in spanish! Great Job Ms. Rose!

Hello! My name is Orlando Cortez, I can say that proudly I m an eagle, built at your great school. I studied elementary school from 3rd to 6th grade, from the year 2000 - 2003, at Nicoloff Elementary School. I made wonderful friends and my teachers were the best that I ever had (Ms. Elva Lopez Zepeda, Ms. Garcia, Mrs. Burgue o and Mr. San Giovanni). I missed my old classrooms, the cafeteria, the library and even the ladies that were in charged of students when we were at lunch time or recess. Mrs, Robinson and her daughter Becky as the librarians, Mrs. Malek and Ms. Livengood (both principals). I would love to travel in time and live for only one more day those times, sorrounded by wonderful people who made my life special at those days.

I did not like this school at all! My daughter went there for Pre-school and Kindergarden and I did not like the way she was being treated. The teachers are rude, LOUDE AND ANGRY towards the students!, the main office staff is ever worse, the principal only cared about leaving early every time I needed to talk to her about an issue I had with the teachers it seemed that she was never there. The lunch cafeteria was serving old moldy expired food. If it wasn't for the parents that volunteered there that noticed this, some of the students would have gotten food poisoning. It seems like they should fire every one of their staff members and get new people that are willing to put all their efforts in our children. I had multiple issues with various teachers because of their awful way of teaching. They are not concerned about our children's safety for sure! My daughter got out of her Kindergarden class towards the parking lot and the door was wide open, the teacher never noticed, this issue did not end well. I had to transfer her to another class room because of this matter. OVERALL WORSE SCHOOL EVER!

my son goes to this school and have good school, I like this school, and the staff and teachers are always very kind to me, for next year I get another son

My daughter has attended k-4th and I have to agree I like most the teachers, but the office staff are so rude.. thought it was me until I read the reviews already posted.. sad these people deal with our children.

This is my second year at this school and I am very impressed with the new school principal and most of the teachers. I do wish the office staff was friendlier and more helpful.

i really don`t like this school, the staff from the office are mean and it seems that they don`t like the job. And some teachers are not very good.

Last modified George Nicoloff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.