San Ysidro, CA
Before care: Yes

San Ysidro Middle School 1

Posted February 28, 2012
It is not a good school. My son is getting great grades but isn't learning anything at all. There are so many things my son should have learned by now and hasn't because most of the teachers are lazy. Only a couple of the teachers communicated with me about my son's problems. He rarely brings any homework home and many times they watch movies in the classroom (not educational films). So if you don't care if your kid learns anything and still gets good grades, then this is the school to be. Obviously this school doesn't care about the students only about passing them. I do have to add Mr. Lozada is a great teacher, but that's it.

San Ysidro Middle School 1

Posted April 01, 2010
All These parents below do not see the first hand experience. All they see is the outside, but in the inside I really dislike it. Makes me not want to go to school anymore. This is coming from a Student who attended SYMS. The teachers are not as great as you think. Some teachers do things to make themselves look good. In reality they don't deserve it. San Ysidro Schools May have good test scores, but that still doesn't prove the greatness in a school.

San Ysidro Middle School 0

Posted April 01, 2010
To the student that did not like the school. were you involved in school activities? I was one that was involved and I got to know my teachers. Its students like you that complain and never made a difference. Many of SYMS students attend the best universities and are doctors,lawyers and engineers. I would like too see your track record!

San Ysidro Middle School 5

Posted January 11, 2010

San Ysidro Middle School 4

Posted February 28, 2009
Two of my children have attended OVHS since 2003. My son has moved on to San Ysidro H.S. My oldest daughter is now a student @ SYMS . I have nothing but high praise for all who work with students @ SYMS. From admin.,office staff (Debbie is great!)food service,supervisors,bus drivers and of course the teachers. Ms. Aviles,Mr. Murillo are wonderful. I really like that this school enforces the dress code on a daily basis. Unlike, other schools in the district.The school offers parent education mtgs. Two they have had recently were re: Talking to your kids about sex/stds and anger management. I frequently listen to the morning broadcasts and am very pleased by the way they start the day on a positive note. My daughter did not like going to school and this school has made a huge difference!

Posted January 22, 2009

San Ysidro Middle School 3

Posted October 10, 2008

Posted August 14, 2008

San Ysidro Middle School 5

Posted January 23, 2008

Posted September 17, 2006
I encouraged parents to visit the school more often to see first hand the disparities among classroom resources and the lack of leadership in this school.

San Ysidro Middle School
4345 Otay Mesa Road, San Ysidro, CA  92173
Last modified San Ysidro Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Ysidro Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top