Santa Ana, CA
Students enrolled: 1,080

Posted February 21, 2014
My son didn't make it to kinder 2015.. But I got to tell everyone The ladys from office r wonderful and helpful. don't hesitate to help you. thank u so much ladys for ur help.. I had a very bad experience in a greenville with the ladys in office. so rude omg!! Very mean. Don't want my kid around people like that.

Posted June 18, 2013
I have been extremely happy having my daughter enrolled in Jim Thorpe Fundamental. She just finished 1st grade. Her teachers have been wonderful and dedicated. I like that this school challenges her. Everyday she comes home with homework. The AR program is geat. My daughter is reading at a 3rd grade level. This school is not for everybody though. Parents need to be involved. Do not expect the teachers to do all the work. Parents, teachers and students NEED to all work together as a team. I have no complaints about Thorpe.

Jim Thorpe Fundamental School 4

Posted August 26, 2012
I Love thorpe My fourteen year old boy went there, his eleven year old sister too, and my six Year old is currently there, both oldest have finished school there, but looking forward for my next few years there with my smallest . I have stayed in this school because of the teachers they are great.

Posted April 12, 2012
Great school the parents and teachers work together, the school try to do everything for the children to make them better

Posted September 18, 2011
My only child started in morning Kindergarten this year. She has a wonderful caring teacher who smiles and greets her each morning to welcome her friends into the class. My daughter is very happy and looks forward to going to school each day. When I had a question the teacher called me back right away. Everything is great!

Jim Thorpe Fundamental School 1

Posted June 08, 2011
Terrible School... DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS THERE. Principal and assistant Principal are the worst staff members at this school and some other teachers. They want to pretend to be very strict but what they truely do is traumatized our kids. I had a horrible experience bringing my kid here. They don't care about parents concerns they only hear what the want to hear. I feel so much better now that my kid is out of there.

Jim Thorpe Fundamental School 1

Posted May 04, 2011
Worst experience having my child go to this school. Teacher is very rude and non communicative. Talking to principal does not help because they end up siding with teachers as opposed to listening to parent's concerns. Tried discussing a matter about my child and teacher had even hung phone up on me and spoke to me very disrespectfully. They do not treat each child as an individual and expect them to all be at same level. I understand that there are rules and they expect a certain standard but they take it to a whole other level. Regret putting my child here, thought we would be getting an excellent education because of school ratings but instead was an awful experience. I have also voiced my concerns to a few people and they have also heard from different friends that they also pulled their children out because of same problems. Would not recommend am sending my child to their home school.

Jim Thorpe Fundamental School 0

Posted October 24, 2009
To put it loosely in the words of John Wooden: If you aren't making mistakes, you aren't doing anything. Making mistakes is a part of life, learning to accept that even if you try your very best you can still fail. The best part of failure is that it provides us an opportunity for growth! Children need to feel safe to fail and try again. I To be a scholar, one must be willing to take risks and learn from his mistakes. At Thorpe our goal is to educate young minds to reach their full potential and meet their goals, whatever they may be. During my time at Thorpe I have met some very exceptional children who have gone on to do great things. Part of what makes this school #1 in Santa Ana is the Fundamental School Agreement, demanding and rigorous, but producing incredible results.

Jim Thorpe Fundamental School 3

Posted May 24, 2009

Posted August 25, 2008

Jim Thorpe Fundamental School
2450 West Alton, Santa Ana, CA  92704
Last modified Jim Thorpe Fundamental School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jim Thorpe Fundamental School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top