Santa Ana, CA
Students enrolled: 1,399

Posted October 08, 2013
My Daughter loves this school. She is in the sixth grade this year and has met many new friends

Posted October 07, 2013
I attend this school when it first opened. It's great and updated school. The PTSA did their best to get parents involved, but it was because of language barriers. The district was next door, so they were involved with school activities. There were a couple of clubs since it was a new school. Teachers we the best though. They were very encouraging and helpful with students. I learned a lot from attending that Intermediate School.

Posted August 13, 2013
My son's school is pretty decent its a great school and has gain pionts throughout other schools.

Raymond A. Villa Fundamental Intermediate School 3

Posted December 12, 2011
I attended this school last year and now attend a prestigious boarding school in Carpinteria, CA. Villa's teachers have good intentions, but no helpful teaching strategies or ways to get students excited about learning. This school was the diamond of the SAUSD when in the few years after it was opened, gaining national recognition for its A Better Chance program( that I was a part of last year) In recent years however, fewer and fewer students are being admitted into these schools. My year, 4 students were privileged to gain acceptance, and the year before me no one got in. 2 years ago, about 20 kids got in. I feel as if this school somewhat prepared me for life after middle school. I saw bullying as a major problem, and most of the students had no interest whatsoever in being engaged or actually caring. This is disappointing me because I truly believe that this school has the potential to be different than the majority of schools in Santa Ana. It is true however that most years Villa does amazingly in academic competitions such as Pentathlon. A decrease in funding has also affected the school. I wish to one day make things better for future scholars such as myself who got lucky.

Posted November 02, 2011
Great.school.the.best great teachers great students.i attended to this school and its awsome they help you and support you .

Raymond A. Villa Fundamental Intermediate School 2

Posted June 29, 2011
Although Villa is a "lottery" school, I wanted my daughter to go there because of a special program that helps advanced students get into private prep schools called ABC (A Better Chance). With budget cuts, there is no support for any extra clubs or programs now, and the support for ABC was greatly dimminished by the time she was in eighth grade. We had to apply and do everything ourselves for the ABC program. Aside from the ABC program, the revolving door of principals keeps the school in a state of flux and has caused low morale among the teachers, many of them giving in to mediocrity. My student reported that some teachers did nothing more than hand out a worksheet. If you are looking for a finer level of education for your student, keep looking. This school is touted as a fundamental school, but is nothing more than low-end education with added uniforms. The latest principal shows promise, but who knows how long she will stay. Many good teachers are looking for transfers. Hopefully, Villa will find a way to reolve these issues and re-build their reputation.

Posted August 31, 2009
I attended villa a couple of years back and it was wonderful. Now my sister attends VIlla. They have several different programs for the students and are very supportive.

Posted May 09, 2009
HaHA oh em gee I go to this school. It's sooo AWSOME. I like my teachers and the students there.I'm glad I got into a good school becouse here they care about your education and help you be Successful . Well, that's my opinio(n what I think). :)

Posted April 28, 2009

Raymond A. Villa Fundamental Intermediate School 4

Posted April 18, 2009

Raymond A. Villa Fundamental Intermediate School
1441 East Chestnut Avenue, Santa Ana, CA  92701
Last modified Raymond A. Villa Fundamental Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Raymond A. Villa Fundamental Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top