Bad
Good

my son just started his 1st year @ mendez, so far no problems to report. Everything is running accordingly and my son is getting alot of homework that he completes mostly in his after school program. Thank you to the teachers, staff and all who make it run smoothly..... Thank you, Coach Araiza

wow! mendez what can i say it is the best place to actually have fun learning. the teachers are a really great help especially mr. freund which serve as an 7th algebra teacher he and more others are the best. I dont want to leave!! but unfortunately this is my last year as an eighth grader and i will always nourish and remember these 3 hardworking copius years!! go mendez Mustangs!!!!:>

from my point of view this school is great.all of the teachers are very supportive and are all great people.they have great sports . i love the school.i am a studen here and i have improved my grades a whole lot!

I'm a 7th grader here at Mendez and I'm having a great time. It's the end of the school year and I can't wait to go into 8th grade. Alot of people say that this is a 'schooly', nerdy school but this is 10x better. Now its one of the California Distinguished School. When I finally leave, I will miss passing by, looking at the beauty of Mendez. This is one of the greatest schools to me and i love the classrooms, the teachers, and the subjects. The principal...eh. haha but anyways, this school is reallysafe. Afterall, it looks like a kids jail. But I will miss it and I will be writing here again(i hope) when i graduate from 8th grade. oh and also, my favorite teachers here in 7th were Ms. Romeo, the greates lang. arts teacher next to Mr. Cisneros(6th), and Ms. Cabrera. She is now a....

Now this was the best school I have ever attended. The teachers were a great help both personally and academically and everything they do for their students makes them fell right at home. Now before I attended this school I usually shivered and rolled my eyes at the word school, but after I got well used to things and accustomed to the environment I ended up finding myself glad to get up early in the morning and on my way to school. I just can't tell you just how great this school is. It was just so great.

I recently placed a review regarding the rear parking lot a.m. drop off and the p.m. pick up. I am very honored to share that immediate action was taken. There were Administrators visible and interacting with the traffic control, as well as an Administrator in the Carl's Jr. next door. Many students loiter in the play area hanging out or making out. I observed many parents actually get off their vehicles and walk into the campus area towards the front and exit with their child/children. Wow, it was really nice to see the concern. I saw a parent standing in the Super Antojitos parking lot, keeping a visiual on our Mendez students. I also saw our School Police patrolling the Mendez perimeter. Two units and one motor unit, It made me feel safe for our students and the fact that our students are aware there will be law and order.

Last modified Gonzalo Felicitas Mendez Fundamental Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.