Posted August 14, 2013
Im planning for my daughter to attend this year at el sol.. can i get any feedback on the school and staffing Thank you

Posted March 20, 2012
I have to say that I'm amazed at the dedication of some of the teachers at this school. Some of these teachers are serious about their academic success and they show it by being prepared and ready to go throughout the school year and reaching out to those who are falling behind. The school layout, lack of appropriate space for the Jr. High group, and lack of an actual library is a big thumbs down. The after school program is good for the kids that need the special attention, but in my experience not so good for the children who are doing well. I'm not sure who choose the school lunches, but the kids deserve something more appealing - visually, taste, and texture! The administration in my opinion needs some restructuring. You need to be able to approach students and parents with respect and be courteous and knowledgeable of the community you serve.

Posted February 05, 2012
El Sol now has a soccer team. Also many students that leave to high school end up skipping geometry and go straight to algebra 2 which is a sophomore class.

Posted October 25, 2011
First of all, if you research a bit you will find out that according to the California EC, there are no Credential requirements for Charter School administrators. Second of all, I do not know how long you have been around El Sol and how much you actually know about because it seems you are missing some facts. El Sol was opened by what I think you called Credential administrators. The API was on the 500s, the school lost the property to the District and around 70 percent of parents and all the staff except one, left the school. This new administrator led the school to the current 880 API, created the FCLC, the Extended Day Program, the Music/Art program, got the property back with a 40 years lease, created a health and dental clinic for the families, among other things. If you look at the other 40 or 50 schools surrounding El Sol, no other school is even close to achieve these results. Fortunately, most of all parents, teachers and families do not agree with you and are happy with the current administration, teachers and staff.

El Sol Santa Ana Science And Arts Academy 4

Posted October 21, 2011
The teachers are what makes this school great.They are resourceful and make wonders with the very limited resources and lukewarm administrative support. One administrator in particular has some good qualities but in my opinion, lacks the credentials and expertise to run a school efficiently. Not sure how this administrator attained the position, nevertheless the lack of expertise shows, not to mention the utter lack of interpersonal and management skills needed to manage the staff and relate to a very diverse parent population. I believe this school could SOAR higher than it has, if there is a change in leadership. Also the administration seems to have a lot of resistance against having an organized and strong parent/teacher organization that could enhance the parent experience at EL Sol. I have been told that at least 2 PTO's have folded in part because of the admin's lack of support.

Posted July 19, 2010
My child will be going on his third year at El Sol. My husband and I are very happy with this school. He is speaking Spanish and I am amazed. Some parents have commented on the lack of leadership of the principal and the Arts are during the afterschool program. Well, the schools API scores has increased and El Sol received the California Distinguished School honor this year. Obviously the principal played a hugh part in receiving this honor. Parents, do you want a principal that jokes with you or gets the job done. Also my son is taking music, drama and chess during regular school time. So it's just not during the Afterschool Program. Parents, stop complaining, get involved by volunteering and be proud of El Sol.

Posted February 24, 2010

Posted February 18, 2010
The extended day program director lacks experience on child development. However, I'm extremely impressed with my son's kindergarden teachers and that's important to me. They are very talented in their field. My son enjoys being around the other kids and it's environment. Traffic is a bit of a pain when picking up and dropping off, hence it is in downtown. No large grass area but large concrete area to play in.

Posted February 17, 2010
I am extremely impressed with this school. My son starting reading after about 2 months in Kindergarten. He is so happy to be at this school and his Spanish is amazing given that it's only been about 6 months. The site itself is actually pretty awful but if you pay attention to kids, you realize that it just doesn't matter to them. I am thrilled that my son is at this school.

El Sol Santa Ana Science And Arts Academy 0

Posted February 17, 2010
I am very pleased with the education my kids are receiving at El Sol, My first grader is reading, writting and speaking both English and Spanish, and my Kindergarderner is heading the same direction!! That is great!!

El Sol Santa Ana Science And Arts Academy
1010 North Broadway Street, Santa Ana, CA  92701
Last modified El Sol Santa Ana Science And Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Sol Santa Ana Science And Arts Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top