Orange County Educational Arts Academy 1

Posted June 23, 2014
This school has a very poor administration, constant 'shuffling' of children from class to class.....as a parent very displeased with the lack of service and quality I am sorry to say anyone who send their children to this school will have a poor education.

Posted June 19, 2014
After entrusting our kids to OCEAA's care for nine years, I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks. OCEAA has blossomed into a marvelous school with an incredible arts program and a loving, dedicated staff. Standardized test scores can only say so much about a school. Test scores don't rate dance, visual arts, music programs and character education, for example. As a teacher who has taught in multiple schools, I have seen middle schools where fist fights are a regular occurrence, where events are horribly mismanaged, where arts and character education are practically nonexistent. OCEAA is not one of those schools. It is also wonderful that we have a support org. (FSO) that supports families in need, something few schools do, and it creates a sense of family at OCEAA. We appreciate everything OCEAA has done for our kids in grades K-8. Thanks, OCEAA!

Orange County Educational Arts Academy 2

Posted June 18, 2014
I regret that my son lost one year of his education life at this school. Whatever was offered at the tour was not true, arts are simple classes in the daily basis, all the real art classes are afterschool. And guess what there is a fee for the afterschool program and additional fees for the clubs and art classes. Nothing is free. You need to pay for the fieldtrips, for every event and also an annual fee that the administration manages as voluntary, but they send you a reminder every month for your voluntary chunk. What a bummer1

Posted April 23, 2014
I have noticed this year to be the best yet, teachers don't seem as pressured as before and they are doing a great job, other years the principal tended to micro manage everything and be a dictator like boss, maybe that explains why so many people left last year. This year my kids really like their teachers and so do I, I can see the rigor and hardwork. Great school year so far.

Posted April 23, 2014
I have been both a parent and board member at OCEAA since 2010 when my family moved from Chicago to Santa Ana for work. Our two children were in dual immersion schools in Chicago, so we were overjoyed to find OCEAA in the heart of our new home of Santa Ana. We could not be happier. As parents we are always welcome; the education of our children, IN TWO LANGUAGES, is excellent; the food program is one of a kind; and the administration is open to new ideas. Every year we see improvement and growth. OCEAA is a gem.

Orange County Educational Arts Academy 4

Posted April 23, 2014
Good school overall. Like any school, there are issues but they are resolved. Good Principal. Keep in mind that most of the staff is young, females which means you will have maternity leaves frequently. Some people don't mind it, others do. My kid keeps complaining that the food is flavorless...but that's because it's "healthy." Better than the district food they feed the kids elsewhere.

Posted April 17, 2014
All I have to say is I have 4 kids (3 boys 1 girl). My 3 boys are in high school and my daughter attends OCEAA. My daughter and I have had such a great experience at OCEAA that if I could have put my 3 boys in that school I would have. By the time my daughter was elementary school age I had had it with our local elementary. They did not go above and beyond to help my kids like OCEAA has. I recommend OCEAA to ALL of my friends who have children my daughters age and younger.

Posted April 14, 2014
Oceaa has the greatest opportunities for our children, they continue to teach music, art and dance. Their encouragement to healthy eating is also one of the best choices for our students and it helps us parents implement that at home. My son loves this school and he will miss it next year!!!! Thanks to all the teachesr and school and principals for their great efforts!!

Posted April 09, 2014
A wonderful, nurturing place for students to learn & grow. An academically sound education as well as many different options for art, music, dance etc is offered through all grades in this K-8 school. OCEAA has a fresh food kitchen & the students not only eat healthy, fresh food every day, they also learn a lot about nutrition. They are growing up to be healthy, culturally aware, academically sound bilingual citizens of the world. Oh, & it's a terrific place to work as well!

Posted April 02, 2014
From the tour I attended at this school I am now 200% convinced this is the best school I can enroll my child into. She will be entering kindergarden and we are all very excited to make memories with the staff and other parents. I absolutely love the cafeteria that serves only FRESH REAL FOOD prepared daily! I wish other schools would adopt this practice instead of feeding our next generation what they consider as "food" but lets be honest, that is garbage! The dual-immersion program look's great and has a ton of data and studies that back it up, not just from this school's history but across this nation you will read the same. More schools like this are desperately needed!

Orange County Educational Arts Academy
825 North Broadway, Santa Ana, CA  92701
Last modified Orange County Educational Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange County Educational Arts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top