Public charter
Santa Ana, CA

Posted June 24, 2015
OCEAA is a GREAT SCHOOL! I laugh at the comments regarding 'shuffling' - that is actually students moving from the Computer Lab to the Music Room to the Dance Room etc. throughout the day. This school is rare in that it still has an arts program...and it is integrated into the curriculum! Something to be celebrated! I love the welcoming family atmosphere. I love the fresh, healthy food prepared daily by the fabulous staff in the full service kitchen on premises. I love the respect I see students give to, and receive from their teachers and the staff. On top of all that, I love that my child is speaking two languages now! This is a Charter School. You must make a choice to enroll. You must make a choice to be involved in your child's education. If you don't want to do that, the school may not be for you. It may not be for everyone but I am so glad it was available for us to choose - we could not be happier!

Orange County Educational Arts Academy 1

Posted June 23, 2014
This school has a very poor administration, constant 'shuffling' of children from class to class.....as a parent very displeased with the lack of service and quality I am sorry to say anyone who send their children to this school will have a poor education.

Posted June 19, 2014
After entrusting our kids to OCEAA's care for nine years, I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks. OCEAA has blossomed into a marvelous school with an incredible arts program and a loving, dedicated staff. Standardized test scores can only say so much about a school. Test scores don't rate dance, visual arts, music programs and character education, for example. As a teacher who has taught in multiple schools, I have seen middle schools where fist fights are a regular occurrence, where events are horribly mismanaged, where arts and character education are practically nonexistent. OCEAA is not one of those schools. It is also wonderful that we have a support org. (FSO) that supports families in need, something few schools do, and it creates a sense of family at OCEAA. We appreciate everything OCEAA has done for our kids in grades K-8. Thanks, OCEAA!

Orange County Educational Arts Academy 2

Posted June 18, 2014
I regret that my son lost one year of his education life at this school. Whatever was offered at the tour was not true, arts are simple classes in the daily basis, all the real art classes are afterschool. And guess what there is a fee for the afterschool program and additional fees for the clubs and art classes. Nothing is free. You need to pay for the fieldtrips, for every event and also an annual fee that the administration manages as voluntary, but they send you a reminder every month for your voluntary chunk. What a bummer1
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2014
I have noticed this year to be the best yet, teachers don't seem as pressured as before and they are doing a great job, other years the principal tended to micro manage everything and be a dictator like boss, maybe that explains why so many people left last year. This year my kids really like their teachers and so do I, I can see the rigor and hardwork. Great school year so far.

Posted April 23, 2014
I have been both a parent and board member at OCEAA since 2010 when my family moved from Chicago to Santa Ana for work. Our two children were in dual immersion schools in Chicago, so we were overjoyed to find OCEAA in the heart of our new home of Santa Ana. We could not be happier. As parents we are always welcome; the education of our children, IN TWO LANGUAGES, is excellent; the food program is one of a kind; and the administration is open to new ideas. Every year we see improvement and growth. OCEAA is a gem.
5 people found this helpful

Orange County Educational Arts Academy 4

Posted April 23, 2014
Good school overall. Like any school, there are issues but they are resolved. Good Principal. Keep in mind that most of the staff is young, females which means you will have maternity leaves frequently. Some people don't mind it, others do. My kid keeps complaining that the food is flavorless...but that's because it's "healthy." Better than the district food they feed the kids elsewhere.

Posted April 17, 2014
All I have to say is I have 4 kids (3 boys 1 girl). My 3 boys are in high school and my daughter attends OCEAA. My daughter and I have had such a great experience at OCEAA that if I could have put my 3 boys in that school I would have. By the time my daughter was elementary school age I had had it with our local elementary. They did not go above and beyond to help my kids like OCEAA has. I recommend OCEAA to ALL of my friends who have children my daughters age and younger.

Posted April 14, 2014
Oceaa has the greatest opportunities for our children, they continue to teach music, art and dance. Their encouragement to healthy eating is also one of the best choices for our students and it helps us parents implement that at home. My son loves this school and he will miss it next year!!!! Thanks to all the teachesr and school and principals for their great efforts!!

Orange County Educational Arts Academy 4

Posted April 10, 2014
OCEAA seems to be focused on the success of students, and they spend a lot of time and effort on improving what is taught and how its taught. Significant investments have been made in technology with a brand new computer lab and about 100 iPads being used in the 5th, 6th and 8th grade. Technology and Arts are being fully integrated into the curriculum, and student engagement is palpable. My daughter has been working really hard on an iMovie Project that will be displayed at the OCMA Family Day in April. This film project blends theater acting, literarture and the use of technology. Projects like these is what sets OCEAA apart from the other so called "Arts and Technology" schools.

Orange County Educational Arts Academy
825 North Broadway, Santa Ana, CA  92701
Last modified Orange County Educational Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange County Educational Arts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top