Santa Ana, CA

Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted November 08, 2012
The new closed campus is great; however, the drop-off and pick-up of students is a mess and continues to be a mess since the beginning of the school year. I dread picking up my kid as I never know what the situation is going to be like. Much better planning is necessary.

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted August 12, 2012
it is a great school, all my kids spent all of their elementary years there in the bilingual area.

Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2011
I am not very happy with this school. My son is learning things he learned last year in a differnet school. I dont see alot of teacher support this year. Last Year Kindergarden Teacher was excellent, very passionate about teaching, she is no longer with Jefferson. After School Program is great. he has fun, and seems to learn alot from his after school teacher. I would like to thank them for their time.

Posted July 13, 2011
I have to admit that when I found out that at Jefferson they offered a dual emersion prgram...I got really excited. But then wondered if by having my daughter in this program it was going to be overwhelming...I am glad to say that I completely underestimated my daughter and the program. She is now going into second grade in the dual emersion program and keeping strong. She is just 7 years old and can read, write, and speak Spanish and English. I am a very proud parent. Mrs. Ryan, her 1st grade teacher is very gifted and I consider myself blessed by having had my daughter in her class. She is wonderful.

Posted March 06, 2010
Great School. Lots of activities for all students. Participation from teachers as well.

Posted March 01, 2010
My daughter attends this school and is in the dual immersion program. I think this program is great and the teachers are very supportive. My daughter was failing and with her teachers help and my help at home my daughter is now reading and passing all her tests with 100%! They do learn more English at the 3rd-5th grades which was a concern for me right now at her 2nd grade level.

Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted December 27, 2009
This school is absolutely horrible. The environment and teachers are so bad that i took my child out of the school and sent them to greenville. MUCH better school.

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted September 29, 2009
Dual Immersion Program: Highly Effective Teachers Producing Quantifiable Results in Two Languages! No lip service, just profoundly competent and dedicated teachers producing children with a lifelong love of learning! My children have been gifted with private education at a public school in Santa Ana. They went to kindergarten speaking only English. Jefferson returned them after fifth grade speaking, reading, and writing two languages! A gift, to be certain! We are very grateful. (Disclosure: my endorsement is for the 'Dual Immersion Program.' I have no knowledge of the English Only program and cannot recommend.) Please compare the Dual Immersion standardized test scores to the English Only test scores before making any decision on enrollment.

Posted March 18, 2009

Posted December 17, 2008
I am a parent. My son attends this elementary school and is in the dual immersion program. I love the parent involvement, teachers and safety. My son has become a bilingual student thanks to this school. I also love all the activities the school has that involves the family such as movie night, skate night etc... I live in orange and drive my son to this school in santa ana. :)

Jefferson Elementary School
1522 West Adams Street, Santa Ana, CA  92704
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top