Santa Ana, CA
Students enrolled: 1,305

Posted June 22, 2014
I entered this school this year, and it was absolutely amazing! The music program is wonderful! The teachers helped me so much with all their tutoring at lunch. I love the fact that they have student teachers at this school, they all have new techniques that really help us students learn more. I've met so many great students here. Another thing I like is all these awesome goals and awards that really make you try to succeed. I can't wait for next year! I definitely recommend attending this school!

Posted January 19, 2013
Really cool I still go here I'm just started this school year here bat MacArthur

Douglas MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School 0

Posted February 28, 2010
this is such a great school it has sports and acadmecis everything they are suppose to have a a fundemental school. they are very strict with homework and dress codes. but at the end of eigth grade year it is all worth it even to the people who dont like school. the sports are amazing they have awsome pe teachers that work very hard with the athletes and never let them done. in conclusion macarthur is such a great school. but then again macarthur is not for everyone..go macarthur keep up the good work... go big MAC

Posted November 24, 2009
i had promotion there this year as an 8th grader. the teachers and staff are great. you make great friends and the three years there go by fast.

Douglas MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School 1

Posted June 24, 2009
Wow, I once attended MacArthur and loved it. However, this school is now ran like a military school. I understand that academics are important. But they are crazy strict now. My son would do his math homework and at times he would not finish a few problems because he did not understand them. So, the next day he would get a homework card for the assignment being incomplete. How is he to finish something he does not understand. MacArthur is not for everyone. When you make the decision to send your child to MacArthur be prepared for you and your child to be stressed with all the assignments.

Posted June 19, 2009
My son just finished 6th grade. He loves it and he loves the teachers. I love the academics side of it, it pushes kids to be the best.

Posted January 06, 2009

Douglas MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School 3

Posted November 08, 2008

Douglas MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School 0

Posted September 16, 2008
My two sons have been on the Fundamental system since 1st grade. I can't say the love it, but a child that loves school is rare nowadays. In regards to the skills, the Fundamental system, in my opinion is great! I read all the previous comments and some of them said that it was stressful, and I do agree! However, the stress it's worth it as the kids start showing results. I also read something about McFadden Middle school and although it is a fine school, I would not even think about sending my kids there to be average. I want them to excel and be the best they can and I think the fundamental system will, at least with my kids, accomplish that.

Douglas MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School 1

Posted May 28, 2008

Douglas MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School
600 West Alton Avenue, Santa Ana, CA  92707
Last modified Douglas MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Douglas MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top