Bad
Good

The Principal has really made a difference in Martin Elementary! Mrs. Solomon has encouraged new programs including an after school program for gifted students. She has been able to get John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth involved and looking at gifted inner city kids for future opportunities. Teachers go all out to challenge gifted students with personal projects and increased depth and complexity on regular assignments. Overall very happy with 4th and 5th grade programs. I transferred my daughter there from another school, and am happy I did.

I have one more daughter @ Martin, promoted to 5th grade; very happy with her 4th gr teacher (Ms. Clearwater),as well as all her previous teachers. Ms. Solomon & Mr. Richardson have done extraordinary work bringing up this school from where we were at...excellent leadership & team work along with our teachers. Sorry to see Mr. Richardson leave, but wishing him the BEST OF LUCK @ his new school-they're lucky to have him. Parent involvement has increased. Very unfortunate our government's decisions (federal & local) are affecting our school's who in turn affect our children's education-our future! We are fortunate though, to still have Ms. Solomon... :o}

Both my kids are attending Martin and I am a bit sad my son will be going to 6th grade because Ms. Solomon and Mr. Richard have done an excellent work on bring the school to the level it should be. A lot of parent involvement and commitment.

Last modified Martin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.