Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Posted June 02, 2016
Thank you very much to this teachers for being great at what they do everyday. To Mrs. Johnston Mrs. Smalls, Mrs. Fasheh, Mrs Noriega, Mrs. Goods, Mrs. Castro, Mrs. Condon and Mrs. Dyson.

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2016
Academically is a great school. I've been here for 3years this is my 4th year here. I've had great teachers in the past and in the present year have no complaints about any of them. Supervision here though Sucks. Supervisors need training and child development classes. There is a lot of negligent and lack of supervision. I had brought this to the principals attention since the beginning of the year. I witnessed incidents. Kindergarten Lunch bunch students on the other side of the security gate as if they were released. Two supervisors there one on the phone and the other one screaming to the kids trying to control them from running around. If a Gun man came on campus guess who goes first. Heaven for bid!! Thanks to this caring mother your students are still here. My son broke an arm during recess. The principal and the manager of supervisors called it an accident. I called it negligence and lack of supervision. No one knew he had a broken arm until I picked him up. I also witnessed how the upper grade kids during their recess some groups of 6 students hide behind the trees of the field to play fist fight and fall on the ground in pain while the supervisors are talking in the middle of the field. I brought this to the principal all she had to say " I will do something about this next year". The year is not over yet. What is she waiting for. Also we had a jog a thon during mid year and she allowed only parents with no kids and the parents who had kids with kids and strollers were not able to come cheer for their students. I called this being discriminating. Very unfair.

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 5

Posted November 11, 2015
Love this school! There is strong parent involvement, and high academic standards. My daughter is in the 3rd grade GATE class and although it is tough for her to get through all her homework every night, she loves her teacher and school. I believe that the awesome faculty at this school have influenced my daughter's strong work ethic and responsibility (and she's only 8!). Definitely recommend this school, but a heads up, you will need to volunteer 12 hours per school year.

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2015
Ok I have 3 kids going to this school the oldest is in 5th grade now and the youngest is on 2nd grade. They all have been here since kindergarten. OK so I have had good and some not so good experiences with some teachers, but overall I think and feel this is a great school. Remember, kids not just learned at their school also at HOME. If parents are involve on their kids education they will do great. If parent check often with their teachers how their kids are doing they will know how to help them rather than just wait to be call up to meet with their teacher regarding some concerns. OK John Muir is a school by CHOICE yes there's a big waiting list and it's worth the wait. Most of the teacher are great, they do their work very good and I can see it on my kids comparing them to some of other kids that attend other neighbor's schools. They out stand on math, reading and writing by far. Now like I said before I also had some not so good experiences with some teachers. Some of them might be a little rude and in a way bully but that's what we are there for. We need to report those incidents for them not to happen again. Parent involment is a MUST in and out of the school. We can't let teachers do all the work. I've recommended John Muir to friends and I'm very glad my kids are attending this GREAT school.

Posted October 07, 2015
Thanks to: Mrs. Gleason (retired but still helping at Muir), Mrs. Nailon and Mrs. Goods the best teachers I have met so far.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 07, 2015
I have met with very lovely and caring teachers for example Mrs. Gleason too bad she retired already.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted October 07, 2015
If there's no parent involment their kids might not be treated as the same as a kid whose parents don't volunteer.

Posted September 28, 2015
Mrs. Noriega and Mrs. Fasheh My son can go on and on about his teachers. I love that they listen to him an that even though he is little, they showed him respect. It all starts with respect.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted September 28, 2015
This is my second year and i can only speak about my son former teachers (i love them) truly a blessing

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 28, 2015
At this point I am very much confused about this school. I used to hear nothing but great things and now I am just at odds and its heavy in my heart to understand what is happening at this school.

1951 North Mabury, Santa Ana, CA  92705-1854
Last modified John Muir Fundamental Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.