Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 5

Posted November 11, 2015
Love this school! There is strong parent involvement, and high academic standards. My daughter is in the 3rd grade GATE class and although it is tough for her to get through all her homework every night, she loves her teacher and school. I believe that the awesome faculty at this school have influenced my daughter's strong work ethic and responsibility (and she's only 8!). Definitely recommend this school, but a heads up, you will need to volunteer 12 hours per school year.

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2015
Ok I have 3 kids going to this school the oldest is in 5th grade now and the youngest is on 2nd grade. They all have been here since kindergarten. OK so I have had good and some not so good experiences with some teachers, but overall I think and feel this is a great school. Remember, kids not just learned at their school also at HOME. If parents are involve on their kids education they will do great. If parent check often with their teachers how their kids are doing they will know how to help them rather than just wait to be call up to meet with their teacher regarding some concerns. OK John Muir is a school by CHOICE yes there's a big waiting list and it's worth the wait. Most of the teacher are great, they do their work very good and I can see it on my kids comparing them to some of other kids that attend other neighbor's schools. They out stand on math, reading and writing by far. Now like I said before I also had some not so good experiences with some teachers. Some of them might be a little rude and in a way bully but that's what we are there for. We need to report those incidents for them not to happen again. Parent involment is a MUST in and out of the school. We can't let teachers do all the work. I've recommended John Muir to friends and I'm very glad my kids are attending this GREAT school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 07, 2015
Thanks to: Mrs. Gleason (retired but still helping at Muir), Mrs. Nailon and Mrs. Goods the best teachers I have met so far.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 07, 2015
I have met with very lovely and caring teachers for example Mrs. Gleason too bad she retired already.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted October 07, 2015
If there's no parent involment their kids might not be treated as the same as a kid whose parents don't volunteer.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 28, 2015
Mrs. Noriega and Mrs. Fasheh My son can go on and on about his teachers. I love that they listen to him an that even though he is little, they showed him respect. It all starts with respect.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted September 28, 2015
This is my second year and i can only speak about my son former teachers (i love them) truly a blessing

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 28, 2015
At this point I am very much confused about this school. I used to hear nothing but great things and now I am just at odds and its heavy in my heart to understand what is happening at this school.

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 5

Posted August 30, 2015
THIS SCHOOL IS ABSOLUTELY ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS TO SEND YOUR CHILD TOO. MY STEPSON WAS DOING HORRIBLE AND GETTING IN TROUBLE IN KINDERGARTEN AT OUR LOCAL PUBLIC ELEMENTARY NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL HE WAS ATTENDING. I WAS ABLE TO GET HIM IN AT JOHN MUIR FUNDAMENTAL FOR 1ST GRADE. WHAT A HUGE IMPROVEMENT, HE IS GETTING A AND B ON HIS REPORT CARD AND STAYING OUT OF TROUBLE. HE WILL BE IN 5TH GRADE AT JOHN MUIR THIS YEAR. I JUST LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
Well I am a student at John Muir. I been here since kinder. The teachers are great . I been reading what people wrote about this school and i totally disagree with some of there comments. I am going to 6th grade next year and we are going to have lots of fun activities at the end of the year. also, they DON'T ALLOW BULLYING HERE if you bully someone and the teachers know you will totally get SUSPENDED. JOHN MUIR KIDS ARE STARS!!!!! WE ARE THE BEST!!!!

1951 North Mabury, Santa Ana, CA  92705-1854
Last modified John Muir Fundamental Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Fundamental Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top