Santa Ana, CA

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
Well I am a student at John Muir. I been here since kinder. The teachers are great . I been reading what people wrote about this school and i totally disagree with some of there comments. I am going to 6th grade next year and we are going to have lots of fun activities at the end of the year. also, they DON'T ALLOW BULLYING HERE if you bully someone and the teachers know you will totally get SUSPENDED. JOHN MUIR KIDS ARE STARS!!!!! WE ARE THE BEST!!!!

Posted October 02, 2013
We sent our child to this school with high expectations, which were not met. From the beginning I noticed their overcrowded classes at 31 students per class. I find it hard to believe that all 31 students were given the attention needed to succeed from a clearly overwhelmed teacher. The faculty in charge seemed oblivious to parents concerns. Given the fact that this school has a long wait they could really care less if a child fails, after all they have plenty of kids waiting to get in so they make sure the classes are always maxed out.

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2013
This school has gotten various prestigious awards because they are VERY selective of which students get to stay. If your child earns 12 bench slips for behavior, homework, etc. they are kicked out! My only hope for this school is that their implementation of the school wide Positive Behavior Support (SW-PBS) is properly implemented to help those students that are in need of the support. Also, If you have a child with ADHD, consider another school as an alternative or ask for a 504 plan If the 504 is not implemented request that the district pay for a private school, because otherwise your child may get scolded and ridiculed repeatedly in front of their peers for behavior that is not in their control. By the way, INATTENTION is on the bench slip as a behavior problem. Teachers at this school need to get educated about what living a life with ADHD really feels like.

Posted September 12, 2013
BULLYING ALLOWED!!!!!!!!! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!!! This school would rather ignore the fact that bullying is going on rather than to acknowledge the problem and DO SOMETHING TO SOLVE IT. Bullying is not just about kids being kids it is a real problem that not only affects the child's emotional stability but also academically.It should be handled with seriousness and without DISRESPECT TOWARDS THE CHILD BEING PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY HARASSED.

Posted September 11, 2013
WORST SCHOOL!!!!!!!!! This school allows bullying and does absolutely anything about it. when notified its going on. They blame the child who is being bullied and harassed, because they say the kid should learn to defend themselves

Posted August 08, 2013
this school is by far the best in Santa Ana. teachers so far have been amazing and go overboard to make it a great learning experience

Posted May 13, 2013
My son has attended Muir since he was in kinder and had to be put on a waiting list just to get in. I had heard this was one of the better schools in Orange County. I thought is was decent up until this year. He is in 3rd grade and has a teacher by the name of Sebert-marx. She is a horrible teacher! I've never met one like her. She has kept my son in continuously for numerous of recesses and without my knowledge. He was in no trouble but she finds it ok for a 9 yr old to stay inside all day. When I found out about this I complained and she assured me it would stop. AND IT DIDNT. I've had meeting after meeting with her... one of the rudest people I've ever met. She calls my son names when hes in class and thinks its ok to bring food (in n out) and eat in front of little kids when they are hungry. She has poor communication and has no consideration for others. My son hates going to school and they refuse to move him classrooms.

Posted October 19, 2011
I love this school. The teachers are excellent and the principle very involved in activities throughout the year.

Posted March 26, 2010

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
John Muir is a great school they have great teachers. They have received Academic Achievement Award School two years in a row!!

John Muir Fundamental Elementary School
1951 North Mabury, Santa Ana, CA  92705
Last modified John Muir Fundamental Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Fundamental Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top