Santa Ana, CA

Taft Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2014
This school did not leave a good taste in my mouth. Needs improvement in everything from the principal to staff. Really need to raise thier standards. Really disappointed with this school. Pulled my kids out of there.

Posted April 02, 2014
An Excellent School. Great Teachers that have a great deal of love and patience to our children. They also provide a place for children with special needs. I am eternally thankful for all that they do for our kids. I encourage for all parents to be more involved so that our children can become a success in the future. Thank you Taft Elementary School Staff/Team for all that you do.

Posted November 21, 2013
The school is very good I have two kids here Im happy with the progres of my kids . The teachers are excelend . Even when they have to many kids in each class room. They do the best they can do it.

Taft Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
As tax payers this school has had many repairs done to make it a better and safer place for our kids. It upsets me that the principle being the leader and example does not enforce the rules for running in, on, or around planters especially in handicapped bus loading areas. I heard a lady approach him and say a teacher asked the kids over there to quit running and climbing on pipes and they ignore her? He says, "that happens allot." Field trips, I have been embrassed when a 6th grade class is compared to a 2nd grade class and taxes or grants pay for this. The bus trip for a 6th grade field trip was unsafe when you have kids sitting backwards in a seats. Boys slugging each other, and a teacher saying they are having fun. It is a very disrespectful school and it starts at the top. Do the teachers care, YES, but they need to work together on rules, but that starts at the top. After school program for the 1st time is setting rules, making kids walk and be respectful. This is the 1st time I would ever consider putting my child in after school care

Posted July 09, 2012
My brothers and sisters went to Taft back in the 90's during the year of Mr. Hart yes we where known as the Morgan's or Morgan 4. Now i have my fiances 6 yr old enrolled at Taft just finished Kinder who his teacher was Mrs. Jones now he's heading in to first grade. He loves the school and kids growing up as a only child he comes home always with stories about what he did at school or his new friend he made.and for those who say TAFT doesn't care about your child stop that because it takes both us parents and teachers to teach our kids so they may excel

Posted March 02, 2009
My oldest daughter went to this school and my two little ones are there. I feel that the teachers are very caring and do what they can with the budget. Most spend their own money to make sure that their students have the supplies necessary. That's what makes a difference in schools Teachers and faculty that cares. All three of my children's have excelled at Taft. I feel it is one of the best in the district.

Taft Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2008

Posted August 13, 2008
My daughter started kinder last year. I don't know why anyone would say the school is not safe. They do the best they can with the present budget. I am envolved in the PFO and yes there is not a lot of parent participation but many parents do volunteer time in class. The school does their best with what they have and I do agree this school has to be one of the best in the district.

Posted September 25, 2006
Our daughter went to Taft for nearly 12 yrs. She is hearing impaired. I was surprised to see a post saying this school does not care about your child. That is false. This school is great with your child and they care very much. Mr. Longacre,(principal) is wonderful along with the teachers and Susan in the office. Our daughter had a wonderful childhood at Taft and we are thankful these great teachers were there for her.

Posted June 21, 2006
Overall this is a good school with great mix of students and caring teachers. I believe this school is one of the best academically in Santa Ana Unified. There was no afterschool program in place this year, but one is scheduled to start in the coming 2006-07 year. There is a music program - third graders play the recorder 20 minutes a week with a music teacher. 4th and 5th graders who excel in their 3rd grade music program can participate in a beginning orchestra. I haven't seen too many parents involved in the school. Usually there are a couple of parents from each class who are willing to dedicate their time.

Taft Elementary School
500 West Keller, Santa Ana, CA  92707
Last modified Taft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taft Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top