Santa Ana, CA

Willard Intermediate School 1

Posted March 19, 2015
I'm not surprised that the overall rating for this school is a 1. All the same problems that exist today... existed when I was a student from 1990-1992. Gang fights, unruly students, focus on ESL students, student lack of focus or value of education... and it appears that nothing has changed. Well, the mascot has changed. It used to be the Willard Indians... but I guess someone got politically correct. When my family moved to Irvine, I went to one of the best middle schools... but I didn't have the skills to thrive there. I had earned plenty of "honor awards" at Willard, but I didn't have the right skills when I moved. I wasn't organized and I earned failing grades my 8th grade year... and throughout high school. I have ADD/ADHD... but no one would've guessed at Willard, because the focus would be on students who weren't participating or were too far behind their very low standards. (I did finally get a diagnosis in high school.) To sum up: Don't go here. If you have to go here, you need parental involvement in order to have a chance to survive academically.

Willard Intermediate School 1

Posted September 06, 2013
Willard is the worst school I've ever been to no wonder why the teachers change schools to teach. I am a former student. I DO NOT reccomend your child to attened this school. It's ridiculous you would ever call this a school. Kids are talking back to the teacher all the time. Nobody does their homework. I would probably say 3 out of 5 kids to drugs or consume any type of alocohal beverage. There is NO future for people who attend this school. Its so sad to see such a horrible school. Nobody pays attention in class. I can honestly say I'm so glad I don't come here anymore or to any school in the Santa Ana Unified School District even though a few are okay. I didn't attened my 8th grade promotion because, I wasn't proud to graduate from this school. I got an award for U.S. History but, I don't care. I feel bad for everyone who has something to do with this school. Its such a horrible enviroment. Plus people around this area are really ugly and you know what they say its the people who make the place. Poverty!

Posted April 21, 2010
willard is a bad school ms.bohinc is the worst vice principal ever i see children getting into fights the parents they are pretty much involved in everything mr.cole is the worst principal ever he dosen talk to chil;dren and dosent like children the best teacher that i rate 5 stars is mr.cervantez and ms.jhonson are the best in the world their both very nice and very patient . over all the school is bad

Willard Intermediate School 4

Posted February 28, 2006
Willard offers great ptogrma to students. Great teachers.

Posted January 27, 2006
Willard has about 99% latino kids, and very little of anything else. Most of the kids in the school are in ELD, but there are a select few in the Honor program, including me. The test scores aren't great, the cleanliness in disgusting, but what middle school isn't filthy! however, Willard is slowly improving. The locatoin is really what makes people think poorly of it. and the racial and economic backgrounds of the students. Hats off to Mr. Miller and Mrs. Bohinc who seem to really put effort into this school. Willard is just a caterpillar in its cacoon. The parent involvement is very slim. The elective program really needs money, but some dedicated students make art, choir, orchestra, AVID, technology and band class more fun! If Willard keeps improving at this rate (and w/ a better student/teacher ratio) Willard will be a 'great' school within 10 years.

Posted January 17, 2005
This school has a lot of behavioral problems. There are also a lot of English learners. It is located in a bad area in Santa Ana. It has low parental involvement.

Willard Intermediate School
1342 North Ross, Santa Ana, CA  92706
Last modified Willard Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willard Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top