Santa Ana, CA

Posted June 28, 2013
My child has attended Arroyo for two years. I am very impressed with the leadership of the school, the dedication of the staff to both learning and social development, and the level of cognitively challenging rigor that the instruction provides. When we first moved to the area, we had considered a neighboring school which also had a lot to offer. So far, I'm very happy that we ended up keeping our child at this school.

Arroyo Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2013
As the other reviewer stated, the school is overrated. What they don't tell you is that the Blue Ribbon was received years ago, and that the school can keep it forever without having to be reevaluated for it each year. The writing program is quite dismal, and the curriculum is not challenging. This year we did have one of those "dud" teachers, and it made our school year miserable. I have since withdrawn my child from Arroyo. Private school is the better option, and it is true that so many parents in the Arroyo district opt to send their kids to private school. In the private school we have enrolled in, the education is superior and the child thrives in a socially welcoming and academically challenging environment.

Arroyo Elementary School 0

Posted March 31, 2010
This has been my son's first year at Arroyo. He is in kindergarten and we have had a wonderful year thus far. There is a high parent participation which always helps children to feel involved. The PTA has developed a variety of fund raisers which allows valuable programs to continue despite budget cuts. In this year alone Arroyo was voted one of the 10 top schools in Orange County. I am sure in every school there will be teachers who do not jive will with particular students. In fact I heard many rumors that my sons teacher was not one of the favorites. Well, I am still unsure what the negative press was based on. My son is making great gains in preparation for first grade and his teacher has been very available and my son really enjoys being in her class. In my opinion Arroyo is a 10!

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted November 14, 2009

Posted September 26, 2009
I have 3 kids, two went here for most of their elementary education. This school Is very much over rated in my opinion. Some of the teachers are excellent but some are really dreadful. If you get a bad teacher, your whole year is pretty much shot. This school stands in contrast to the middle school and high school these kids will attend, both of which are excellent (based, again on 2 of my children going through them. Parent involvement is high, which is a good thing. I ended up taking my youngest out of this school and putting him in a private school after being stuck with a bad teacher in 4th grade. I've been amazed at how many people at the private school live in the arroyo district.

Posted July 06, 2009
We have thoroughly enjoyed our 4 years at Arroyo, K-3rd. Looking forward to more great years! They have a great collection of teachers, not many duds on campus, and the principal and office secretary are TOPS!

Posted September 03, 2006
Arroyo is an amazing school. Quality of academic programs is execellent. The principal is very active with the student population and teaching staff. Her commitment to the best education and dedication to our children shows daily. Arroyo is very active in Extracurricular activities on and off campus. Parent involvement is high.

Posted June 28, 2006
Arroyo is an amazing school! We are so blessed to have so many wonderful teachers, an awesome principal, and the parents are super involved in Arroyo's activities, as well as the community. If you didn't know better, you'd think it was a private school!

Posted March 16, 2006
I think the school as a whole is a great school. Our teacher was just O.K. There is a high level of parent involvemnet.

Arroyo Elementary School
11112 Coronel Road, Santa Ana, CA  92705
Last modified Arroyo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top