Foothill High School 2

Posted April 06, 2014
I hate this school so much. I am miserable here. Most my teachers are good, but are honestly just too overworked by having classes of 40-70 to really be able to pay attention to every student. I transferred this year as a junior, last year I went to a fantastic school where I was very popular and well liked, and highly involved. It is very hard to get involved in anything, especially things outside of sports. The kids aren't very friendly and some are just flat out intimidating or rude. A surplus of your mean high school girls. I came in with a positive attitude and I will continue to smile and try everyday to make friends, but on the last day of school, I will gladly stand up in the middle of the quad and scream, " [a word that may not be appropriate] you foothill" and walk off, with a smile, to my new school I have chosen to transfer to.

Posted November 29, 2013
im Jaime Garcia i attended foothill back in 2003 to 2005 then i moved to Dallas TX where i live now. I loved foothill great school great teachers i recently went back to foothill to visit for old memories. It really needs a make over :-) . Im 25 now n i ways think back to when i attended foothill great times we had miss all my old friends. thanks for a great time. If.any of my friends read this ive been looking for you all look me up Jaime Edgar Garcia from little Elm Texas

Foothill High School 1

Posted September 02, 2013
This school fails to keep its students on-campus. I see multiple students climbing over the fences EVERYDAY. Also, DRUGGIES EVERYWHERE I LOOK. And since the racial population here is mostly white, they all tend to throw racist insults towards the those who aren't. My friends back at Tustin were right, I should've never transferred to this school!

Foothill High School 3

Posted June 14, 2013
This school WAS one of the top schools in the prior to the 90's. They're riding on the coat tails of prior accomplishments for prior years. If your child is average or sub par, this school will cater towards them. If your child is a top academic performer, they provide sub par education & involvement compared to other schools (like Troy). They are too focused on sports as evidenced by all the millions spent on sport & activity centers as they cut OCAD, Speech & Debate, music, no United Nations Program, etc. English department is horrible with the exception of Ms. Casper. I remember reading papers from my child that were so grammatically incorrect that I would be beside myself. This was from the IB teachers. Casper is great, but you don't get her until Senior year which is too late. Many teachers are inappropriate and do things like swear in class, talk about personal issues, cross lines, or joke around too much with students. Those teachers are the ones most liked by the students. This school is filled with entitled rich kids that influence other kids, and the IB program fuels elitism. We are worried about the person our son will become after his time at this school.

Posted January 06, 2009
Foothill has an incredible English Department. It's writing program is unique to the district and perhaps to the county. The AP teachers our son has had have been excellent, and most of the Honor's program teachers have been superior. Drama and newpaper programs are excellent. A wonderful and talented choir, award-winning dance team, and competative sports program including superior lacrosse and water polo programs should make anyone attending FHS proud! Several teachers have recently retired which means new, 'young blood' is being pumped into the faculty. Our seasoned principal is very visible on campus, and he has made it his mission to provide the upgrades in facilities FHS needs. The new quad and science building are testaments to his efforts. Much parent support and on-campus vounteering makes this a unique school as well.

Posted February 26, 2008

Posted September 06, 2007

Foothill High School 0

Posted August 31, 2007
This is a great high school because of the high parental expectations for their children, not necessarily for the teachers talents. Many of the teachers have been there too long and they need more youthful energetic teachers with more energy. 'Tired' is a good way to explain some of them and the quality of the classrooms. It is mostly riding on it's reputation of 30 years ago. The school has a very active ed. fund with a large amount of money donated every year.

Posted October 14, 2006

Posted August 26, 2006

Foothill High School
19251 Dodge Avenue, Santa Ana, CA  92705
Last modified Foothill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top