Posted January 15, 2014
This is a GREAT school. I have 2 children that attend Guin Foss and they love it. They are both challenged and nurtured. The PTO is very involved and the principal is one of the best that I have ever dealt with. I have been very happy with the progress both of my children have made.

Guin Foss Elementary School 1

Posted July 09, 2013
Administration is so important to a school, it can set a tone that is helpful, professional, and unbiased. The attitude set by administration filters down throughout the entire school. I am sad to say that with the change of administration, the once overall positive attitude at our school has changed. I am hopeful that with the possible change of people in key positions, our school can get back to what it once was.

Posted January 17, 2011
To clarify, a Title I school is not a school where there are a large number of second language students. It is a school where a large percentage of students are on free or reduced lunch and the school receives additional Federal aid. My two children go to school here and I couldn't be happier with the education they are receiving. Both of my kids are very bright and are challenged academically everyday. They feel loved by their teachers and the staff at the school. It is a GREAT neighborhood school. The school has a bully box in the office for any child that feels threatened by another. I have never seen the principal ignore a situation that she was aware of.

Guin Foss Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2009

Posted October 22, 2009

Posted October 22, 2009

Posted September 08, 2009

Posted August 19, 2009
We love Guin Foss!! The teachers, staff, PTO, and Mrs. Jenkins are very commited to the students. What a great team! My kids have had nothing but positive experiences at the school. We thank everyone for all of the hard work and dedication.

Guin Foss Elementary School 2

Posted July 26, 2009
Many of hte teachers at Guin Foss are qualified, caring and nuturing. It's too bad that the focus has twisted from learning to punishment. If a child doesn't get enough A/R points he is prohibited from participating in recess and other activities. Reading shouldn't be a tortuous experience but a life long love developed in the early years. It's too bad that the principal is more focused on A/R points and not reading for information and enjoyment.

Posted July 14, 2009
This is a wonderful school with excellent parental involvement and great educators who really care about the kids. Safe and nurturing environment where the kids are always excited to learn and get involved.

Guin Foss Elementary School
18492 Vanderlip Avenue, Santa Ana, CA  92705
Last modified Guin Foss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Guin Foss Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top