452 students|Tustin Unified

Bad
Good

Guin Foss is a fantastic school. My daughter looks forward to going each day and raves about the teachers, activities, friends and overall environment. I am very happy with the school and lucky to spend the next several years there.

Overall, this is a good school. I started with 3 kids and now have one daughter left, who is in 3rd grade There are still a few teachers who need to be transferred, The newest 2nd grade teacher should be the first to go. The worst of the 5th grade teachers now works at a middle school that my oldest daughter goes to, but he doesn't teach in her grade. A lot of parents are involved at this school. There are a couple of teachers who don't want any parent volunteers. These are the ones that need to be filmed the most. There is an onsite after-school program that I've heard good things about. As with most public schools, there are too many kids in each class.

This is a GREAT school. I have 2 children that attend Guin Foss and they love it. They are both challenged and nurtured. The PTO is very involved and the principal is one of the best that I have ever dealt with. I have been very happy with the progress both of my children have made.

Administration is so important to a school, it can set a tone that is helpful, professional, and unbiased. The attitude set by administration filters down throughout the entire school. I am sad to say that with the change of administration, the once overall positive attitude at our school has changed. I am hopeful that with the possible change of people in key positions, our school can get back to what it once was.

To clarify, a Title I school is not a school where there are a large number of second language students. It is a school where a large percentage of students are on free or reduced lunch and the school receives additional Federal aid. My two children go to school here and I couldn't be happier with the education they are receiving. Both of my kids are very bright and are challenged academically everyday. They feel loved by their teachers and the staff at the school. It is a GREAT neighborhood school. The school has a bully box in the office for any child that feels threatened by another. I have never seen the principal ignore a situation that she was aware of.

We love Guin Foss!! The teachers, staff, PTO, and Mrs. Jenkins are very commited to the students. What a great team! My kids have had nothing but positive experiences at the school. We thank everyone for all of the hard work and dedication.

Many of hte teachers at Guin Foss are qualified, caring and nuturing. It's too bad that the focus has twisted from learning to punishment. If a child doesn't get enough A/R points he is prohibited from participating in recess and other activities. Reading shouldn't be a tortuous experience but a life long love developed in the early years. It's too bad that the principal is more focused on A/R points and not reading for information and enjoyment.

This is a wonderful school with excellent parental involvement and great educators who really care about the kids. Safe and nurturing environment where the kids are always excited to learn and get involved.

I love this school!I have two children, my son has special needs. He went to this school k-5 and I couldn't have asked for a better school. The administration and staff at this school is and was exceptional. My second child is now in fourth grade and I am just as pleased with her opportunities on the other end of the spectrum. This school has excellent programs to meet the needs of children, no matter high, low and anywhere in between. The pto is very active and caring about enriching our childrens and supporting the school. This is truly a school that puts kids first ( the schools moto). But my favorite part of the school is this is truly a neighborhood school. The children are good to one another. I feel pride in this school and am so glad my children had this jewel of a school to attend.

After reading the last posted review, I must add my opinion. I am very involved at Guin Foss. I can attest to the past 7 years at this school. My 2 children have not only been encouraged and supported in all their personal endeavors, but they have become great students and are on their way to becoming well rounded, intelligent people. My experience with over 10 different teachers has proven to be positive over all. While not all teachers are wonderful, most are willing to work with anyone who is willing to communicate. Mrs. Jenkins in always available to listen and will always act when necessary. The changes on campus are always well thought out and always put in place for the good of the kids. Kids first, and always.

Last modified Guin Foss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.