Santa Ana, CA

Posted December 06, 2014
My daughter has attended Loma Vista for the past 4 years and our experience has been uniformly exceptional. We've had a string of outstanding educators and the staff esprit de corps is obvious. There are numerous after school education opportunities and my daughter has participated in music and art programs that she remains extremely enthusiastic about. The PTO is very active, including an adjust men's group (Loma Vista Dads) who assist with special programs and projects including the school fundraisers, carnival and ongoing garden project. I am thrilled by my daughter's experience and recommend Loma Vista to any prospective parent.

Posted June 01, 2014
We love Loma Vista! Passionate, caring, excellent teachers. Excellent, friendly, committed principal. I love our diverse school community. We have great kids and families at our school. Couldn't be happier! Wonderful offering of enriching after school classes like chess, engineering, ceramics, etc. There was a new garden installed for the kindergartners this year with a plan for a full fledged outdoor garden classroom being built this year. Lots of positive growth and exciting things happening at Loma Vista!

Posted April 06, 2014
It is a blessing to work in a school where student achievement and community involvement are the priorities!

Posted July 25, 2013
GO COUGARS! I am a proud parent of a 5th grader. It is hard to believe that we only have 1 year left at Loma Vista. Our son has been blessed with teachers who not only care about academic success, but also help the children to develop character qualities. The school motto, "Give 100%, 100% Of The Time" is modeled by the staff and mirrored by the children. Loma Vista PTO along with Loma Vista Dad's are hard at work to make our school even better. These elementary years are so important & over much too soon. I encourage you to make the most of the them by getting involved...Join the PTO, Loma Vista Dads, become a room parent, or help out at special events. Together we will continue to make Loma Vista a fantastic school!

Posted June 27, 2013
This is a wonderful school. My two children attend here and they are very happy. Not one day have they complained about going to school. It is a very welcoming environment, for both parents and students. There are so many involved parents working to make a difference at our school. I love that we have a Loma Vista Dads group that has so many dads involved. And that we are working towards a garden for the students. All the teachers we have had so far are excellent. If you are looking for a good school that has a wonderful learning environment with supportive staff, parents and administration, I recommend Loma Vista.

Posted June 19, 2013
My kids have been going to this school for the last 6 years and I've been very happy with their experience here. The principal and teachers are top notch and really care about the students and about giving them the best education possible. Though the level of parent involvement could be better, I do know that the parents that are involved are really active in improving the school. It's definitely going in the right direction with new after school programs, Loma Vista Dads, and a real push to update technology, to name a few. I haven't experienced any of the 'cliquish' nature that some have mentioned. On the contrary, I've found parents to be really approachable and down-to-earth. I like the diversity in the school- both among the students and the parents. It just reflects what our kids will be experiencing in the real world. Overall, great school!

Posted June 17, 2013
Loma Vista is terrific! My kids like their teachers, as well as the many fun and educational activities that take place after school. I am still new to Loma Vista and the neighborhood, but have found the PTO to be filled with warm, down-to-earth people who welcome everyone who wants to be involved. Loma Vista Dads gives guys a way to help out and make new friends in the community. They are all about sending a positive message to the kids and being a force for good in their lives. Really important these days. The principal is very friendly and active in improving student achievement. To prepare for the new common core standards, she is increasing student access to technology. There are plans in the works to start an awesome learning garden. So next year looks to be even better. Great school.

Loma Vista Elementary School 4

Posted June 17, 2013
We've been with Loma Vista for 4 years and I now have 2 children at Loma Vista. Both children are very different and the school has supported both students' needs. Everyone who works with my children seems genuinely interested in helping them succeed. The kids at this school are great - welcoming and eager to learn. The parents and the PTO are friendly, enthusiastic and easy to work with. The principal is very involved at all levels. The teachers are embracing technology and all the changes coming with Common Core. There are plenty of opportunities for parents and students to be involved in the school community. The facility is not new but it is clean and in good repair. We are so fortunate to have Loma Vista as our neighborhood school!

Loma Vista Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2013
I attended Loma Vista when I was growing up and my son now attends this school. Based on the two different experiences, I would have to say that Loma Vista is not what it was and is now just average. As part of the TUSD, I would even suggest it is below average but that is simply based upon what I have heard or read about the accomplishments of other TUSD elementary schools. The teachers are fine, the principal is good, but the parent involvement is lacking. I don't get that 'wow' feeling for my son that I myself had (and that my mother can attest to) when I attended in the 1980s. My son excels academically and I believe that if there was more to offer him, he would benefit greatly. My son has attended other public schools where the offerings were much greater and the parent involvement was great. I do believe that parent involvement is crucial and at Loma Vista there are a lot of parents that are not involved (perhaps the reason for the comments on the 'clickish' nature of the school parents). I feel that getting involved at Loma Vista is necessary to ensure that your child doesn't go unnoticed, gets challenged, while involvement in better public schools is simply part of school.

Posted March 04, 2013
This School is great. We are 2 years in to it and have had 2 great years. Our child is happy and well educated. She can't wait to go back to school every Monday! There are no "in crowds" and all the parents who volunteer give everything they have for all the students. There are definitely no inappropriate occurrences like I see posted here 12/20/2013. I thoroughly investigated the matter being the concerned parent that I am. It was found to have absolutely no validity. Obviously the parent making the accusation can not be named here but, the claims were declared completely false on all levels (TUSD and Law Enforcement). It is very unfortunate that someone would post such foul and untrue things about a school that provides such a wonderful educational experience for over 400 wonderful children. Children who love their school and would be so sad to read something so awful. Shame on you. Loma Vista is a safe, great place to be. Please look into the school further than these reviews. We could always use more great families to join us. Word to the wise, where ever you end up - parent involvement IS THE KEY to your child's success. Not just the school... Parents + Teachers!
2 people found this helpful

Loma Vista Elementary School
13822 Prospect Avenue, Santa Ana, CA  92705
Last modified Loma Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loma Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top