K-12|Private
1,370 students

Bad
Good

My daughter has been attending MCA for four years and the experience has been nothing but wonderful. She loves all of the teachers that she has had privilege of having and all of the wonderful friends she met along the way. I can truly feel that the teachers love what they do and try to care and guide the students with the love of Jesus Christ. My daughter's reading level is two grades higher and academically she is excelling beyond limits. Most importantly, she is surrounded by a safe and loving environment.

Funny how an admin deleted my 7/22 review, I guess freedom of speech is dead to Calvary. And to the woman below who called my post "a rant against a failed expectation"? I'm SO sorry I had the AUDACITY to expect a school not to be so dogmatic, allow freedom of thought, foster ACTUAL critical thinking, and respect other religions. I'm done with this, I could keep re-posting my message, but it will continue to be taken off again and again. Calvary will never acknowledge its faults.

I disagree with the 7/22 review from "a parent". My daughter has attended since 2nd grade, now entering 9th grade, and we have not experienced the issues mentioned in that review. This is a state accredited school system. It is christian. Bible is taught in a separate class. Other classes are taught with a biblical worldview in mind where applicable. Students attend chapel. Granted, my daughter does very well and is very self motivated, and so I have not experienced the remedial side of this school other than here-say. This school is not for everyone. I would say being a bible believing christian would help tremendously, and an understanding that this is a christian school. The aforementioned reviewers comments regarding indoctrination, critical thinking, and Islam come across as just an emotional rant against a failed expectation. I am not aware of any teaching on Islam...maybe a future comparative religions class? This school offers superlative pathways to those who want to excel academically, and also for those who don't. There is a wide variety of sports opportunities, excellent drama and arts departments, and several other extra curricular groups and ministries. God Bless!

Great academics! Excellent, qualified teachers who truly care about the students and solid Bible centered teaching. A+

Calvary Chapel High School is an excellent school. The teachers main focus are both the spiritual growth of their students and academic acheivements. My daughter graduated in 2012 and was accepted into schools such as UC Berkley, UC Irvine, Westmont College, Pepperdine and other great schools. She was awared academic scholarships to the schools that accepted her. Currently, three of my children attend the highschool and junior high and they love it. Our family has received much support and encouragement from the administrators and teachers. I highly recommend this school if you are looking for Christ- centered education and top academics. The mission trips that are also offered at this school have been life changing to my children. This school helps develope well-rounded students and prepares them for excellence and personal acheivements.

Im a student at CCJH. Teachers are very merciful and nice at my school. They give students the opportunity to improve and acheive their goals. Even when they have to deal with a disrespectful student that is not a Christian, the teacher will always try to show the love of Jesus to them. Im not sure what a Calvary bubble means, but I feel very accepted and a part of a loving family at my school. And no, my parents are not pastors, teachers, or on staff there. I just love my school and having the right attitude helps.

I attended MCA/CCHS from K-12 (graduated in 2003). I feel that the Biblical education was a good foundation. There are teachers who genuinely care for the students and do a good job teaching/connecting. However, some teachers are very legalistic and some are just unqualified to teach. Academically my experience was very mixed. Spiritually/socially, my experience was difficult. Ultimately I think you need to know the personality of your child to know whether Calvary is a good fit. The level of legalism in the high school makes it difficult for some students. Additionally, as with most private schools, your child will not be with other children from their neighborhood community, so feelings of isolation and detachment can occur. Would I send my own children to Calvary? No. But that doesn't mean it isn't right for some students.

Horrible atmosphere students are disrespectful to teachers and also they are disrespectful to fellow student. Most stuck up and judgemental with a mindset that they are better than everyone else.

The calvary bubble! Not good at all. Horrible, judge mental, terrible classes, no class choices such as a public school or other private schools, bad kids, and teachers who cant teach. Waste of money.

I can't say enough about this school. My daughter has attending since elementary, and his now a Junior in High School. There are so many extra curicular activities that are offered that she has been able to be involved in. This school also has acheived the highest creditdation that a school can be granted. Additonally, Judy in the MCA office is wonderful asset to the school!

Last modified Calvary Chapel High / Maranatha Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-12