Santa Barbara, CA

Foothill Elementary School 3

Posted March 22, 2015
We have two sons at Foothill, in 4th and 2nd grade. While I agree with the other reviews posted (the academics are very good and there is a high level of parent involvement), I do think the environment at Foothill is not the best if your child is 'out of the box.' Our oldest is a gregarious personality type who is ADHD-diagnosed and big for his age. He's done well with certain teachers, but his teacher this year has been a nightmare. The new principal has not been great to deal with either. The environment is creating an atmosphere in which he's being alienated, and we sense that our son has been stigmatized socially outside of school. Our younger son does well socially and school is a much different and more positive experience for him. Foothill is great under ideal circumstances. However I would expect them to have more cohesive programs in place for ADHD students, and better training for teachers.

Posted November 08, 2012
(add on to previous review) My Son attended Foothill for Kindergarten and unfortunately for personal reasons, had to move to another school for 1st grade. His current school doesn't have as much parent involvement and I feel as if it's not very well organized as Foothill did. I was highly involved in all of his activities as many other parents and everyone was so welcoming. If everything works in our favor, I'm hoping My Son can go back to Foothill for 2nd grade, he misses all of his Foothill buddies.

Foothill Elementary School

Posted April 22, 2010
Foothill has an outstanding community with so many fun events and activities for the children. We love it here!

Posted April 21, 2010
Foothill has a great staff. All class room has 20 to 22 kids per class. The campus has a very comfortable feeling. My daughter loves Foothill!!

Foothill Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2005
Great school, high level of parent involvement. Safe enviroment, mostly middle to upper class neigborhood. Ralatively small class size, teachers are great. There are a few old timers that should be replaced. Very active PTA, they plan a carnival each year, as well as several school picnics, art show, silent action, book fair, etc. The kids in attendence are on the innocent side, we liked that. No piercing, make-up, langauge problems. They involve all the kids in a sing along show each year. Sometimes a play as well. Playground is well supervised, the PTA raised the money for new equiptment. Their is very little spanish speaking childern, so class time is not divided. Great shcool

Posted March 31, 2005
Foothilll School offers a quality education with excellent, caring teachers and many highly-involved families. The demographics of Foothill are broad, including children from many ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. Test scores are high. But most important is that the students are both well-educated, and well-rounded. Foothill's PTA is an energetic, pro-active group of active parents and staff who all seek the best for Foothill students. Thanks in part to the efforts of the PTA, Foothill School has a Cultural Arts awareness program and has a variety of specialists on staff (including science, computer, art, library and music). Foothill School is regarded so highly that many families move to this area simply to be in the Foothill School district. It is a great school, and as a parent I am confident that my children are receiving a top-quality education.

Foothill Elementary School
711 Ribera Drive, Santa Barbara, CA  93111
Last modified Foothill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top