Bad
Good

Posted September 23, 2013
The principal does a genuinely amazing job at this school. He's recruited some outstanding teachers, inspires parent involvement, and every time I am at the school everyone seems genuinely happy -- kids and parents alike. When we were moving to the area we debated about where to move based on the different schools, and were hoping to find a "10" but after visiting the school and talking to parents who both went there themselves and now have kids there, we came to realize that sometimes the ratings don't capture what makes something truly great. Hollister is truly great, and we couldn't be happier to have both of our kids there.

Posted February 02, 2012
I personally attended this school and I must admit I loved every single moment of it. Although I was student that had just moved from Argentina and did not know a single word of English, all the teachers at Hollister helped me learn the language incredibly fast. I ended up learning English in less than a year and I earned many awards while at this school. Today I am 20 years old and I am attending my community college. I plan on transferring to UCLA next semester and majoring in Computer Science and Photography. I recommend this school to any parent that is looking for a place where their children can succeed.

Posted February 25, 2011
My son went here in 6th grade. We loved this school. The principal is excellent. My son was very happy. He did so many creative projects in class. The playground is beautiful and even has a space net! We are at La Colina now and he is not nearly as happy as he was at Hollister. Also, we were at Vieja Valley School before Hollister and it was not nearly as caring and the lessons not as creative. We miss Hollister!

Posted April 27, 2010
Hollister school is great school with great teachers.A place my two sister(s) and I attended and now my 3 children are attending & hopefully my grandchildren will attend in the future.Hollister school has a great reputation

Posted September 16, 2009
Under current fiscal and immigration challanges, Hollister Elementary continues to provide not only excellent academic programs, they support the families who send their children to their school. Parents and teachers work together to provide a safe, caring environment for children.

Posted August 09, 2007
Hollister is a fantastic school - I had a my kids in that school for a decade. The staff is cohesive and dedicated. The way they work together is amazing! Hollister also has a varied student population, economically & ethnically so my children were able to interact with and become friends with children of diverse backgrounds.

Posted March 31, 2005
We have been very satisfied with the leadership and quality of teachers for the past eleven years. Our first Hollister graduate is excelling in high school, academically, socially and athletically. Our current Hollister student is also receiving an excellent well rounded education.

4950 Anita Lane, Santa Barbara, CA  93111-2704
Last modified Hollister Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.