Santa Barbara, CA

Hope Elementary School 4

Posted December 23, 2011
my son realy like the Hope schul. he is now in the seconnd gradel and has lerned to read sum 10 werdss. we are realy realy proudd of hem. we realy realy like mis. la. curt the leader of the schul. she is alweyz nice to my boy and she telz hem how he is realy realy smert! we tell her we can try to writ and say how realy realy guud this schul is. i will tell my famely to come heer and breng many cheldren.

Posted December 01, 2011
Safe, clean campus with lots of parent involvement and great teachers. This school is progressive and nurturing at the same time. Both of my children are better students and citizens due to their time at Hope.

Hope Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2011
I attended this school from 2002-06, and had moved to Arizona shortly after. This school was far ahead of the Jr. High I attended, even above the honors classes. The academics here were great, and all the staff were friendly. Sadly, I've heard our once great principal has past away, I am unaware of the replacement. He knew every student by name, and pushed the school to greatness. Anyways, I'm glad I got an education here. After reading the other's comments, my review might be a bit biased and dated, I'm just sharing my experience.

Hope Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2011
We spent a year in this school in the second grade and child is repeating all the time how he hates this school:( Follow the rules - it the only subject that important in this school... Test scores - the main goal of the teacher... Your human heeds, your personality, individuality - nobody cares about it.. Principal was no help at all... . We are looking for a private school!

Hope Elementary School 1

Posted December 30, 2010
We were really excited for our child to be going here, but as we are halfway through the year we have learned that as great as the teachers may be, they are micromanaged by the Principal. The Fast learners are leaving at an alarming rate due to the fact that the curriculum is geared toward the slower learners and the brighter students are considered "fine" because they don't lower the state testing requirements. The school will tell you that all levels of learners are accomodated, but in reality it's the slower students that receive the extra curricular accomodations. We are looking into schools that truly offer a fair education for all their students. We are truly saddened that the test scores trump actual learning at this school.

Hope Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
I love the small school environment. The teachers are great. My grandchild started with kindergarten this year and he is very happy. He has learned so much in one year. He will be there for a few years. Everyone knows each other. Lots of good things are happening in the school.

Hope Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2009

Posted February 05, 2009
Hope School PTA is truly amazing and provides incredible after school classes like fencing, marine biology, chess, foeign languages, dance, cooking, art and theater. This program is inexpensive and rounds out a child's basic education. Hope School teachers are truly a cut above. We are very happy with this school and so is our son!

Posted October 01, 2008
This school has excellent teachers and a solid curriculum that prepares students for junior high. The three years of 'roller coaster ride' have been resolved as the school moves forward into a 'basic aid' status, which will insure a bright future for the schools in the Hope district. My two kids (K and grade 3) have loved their time here, and I'm happy to be at a school with such great parent participation.

Hope Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2008
Hope School and the district were once great schools to attend and the families continue to be however they have spent 3 years on a roller coaster ride that has had a negative effect on kids, parents and teachers. I would think twice before sending my child here. They need to get their act together.

Hope Elementary School
3970-A La Colina Road, Santa Barbara, CA  93110
Last modified Hope Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hope Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top