347 students|Hope Elementary

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted September 23, 2015
Monte Vista is an outstanding little gem of a neighborhood public school. The teachers, parents, and students are engaged. Communication is excellent. Our son loves to learn there. It's a very special and wonderful community. We are overwhelmingly happy with Monte Vista!

Posted May 01, 2011
We came from private school and are very pleased with Monte Vista. The teachers we have had are excellent and have decades of experience. There is a core group of skilled parents who make up a strong PTA. The student body is very diverse both economically and in background. In my son's class we had parents from several Asian and European countries, as well as white and Hispanic families. Our parents do everything from high tech to food service. Good character is stressed at this school and I'm really glad my kids will enjoy having friends with different backgrounds - an opportunity they did not have private school. We have several good friends at Peabody but I enjoy the smaller, calmer campus life at Monte Vista. We also have a strong, experienced Board at the District Level as well.

Posted June 23, 2010
My child has attended this school for kindergarten and we could not be happier. His teacher was wonderful; caring and engaging. The kids attend art, music, computer lab and p.e. one time per week, which is funded by the very active p.t.a. Parent participation is excellent, with at least two to three parents per day working in his classroom. He had only 17 kids in her class and there was one aide to assist with the three kindergarten classes. Many after school classes are available, though rather expensive. We have a fantastic p.t.a. board coming in this upcoming year, which should only help school unity and spirit.

Posted April 26, 2010
Monte Vista is a wonderful elementary school. We considered sending our boys to some of the areas high-end private schools but everyone told us how lucky we were to live in the hope school district and to give Monte Vista a shot. I m a college professor and I continue to be impressed with the curriculum and quality of instruction at Monte Vista. The parent involvement, culture of sharing, instructor integrity and expertise are excellent and has more than met my expectations. We do indeed feel fortunate to be a part of such a special public school.

Posted November 11, 2009
My children attended this school for many years. Most of the teachers my kids had were excellent. We are now in the Goleta school district. Honestly, I think Monte Vista is over rated. Seems to be too focused on test scores.

Posted September 16, 2009
It's such an awesome school and community - feels almost like a private school!

Posted February 20, 2007
This school feels intimate, like a neighborhood school where everyone knows your kids. Excellent teachers, rigorous curriculum. Very, very involved parent group. The graduates of this school are the best & brightest when they go on to Jr. High.

Monte Vista Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2006
I have a third grader and a Kindergardner, so I have been involved with the school for four years and I love it. My children are learning. They are engaged and encouraged. Their teachers have all been wonderful. The reading and library is great. The encouragement to write is fantastic. Math and science are made exciting. Parent involvement is encouraged.

Monte Vista Elementary School 4

Posted March 07, 2005
Great academics, but very focused on test scores. Not enough attention to social/counseling component. Parent input drives school content/activities, not always the best thing for a school.

730 North Hope Avenue, Santa Barbara, CA  93110-1599
Last modified Monte Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monte Vista Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top