Santa Barbara, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Together with the teachers, support staff and parents we are working very hard to make school more challenging, engaging and fun for all of our students this year! Our teachers meet weekly to review standards, student data reports and to discuss best teaching strategies for each individual student. Our strong PTA supports instruction with field trips, assemblies, instructional assistants and the necessary materials our students need to be successful. Our students know that success is based solely on being the best they can be! Adams school is truly a gem to be desired within the Santa Barbara School District!
January 4, 2011

Adams Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2014
My 2 children had an awful experience at Adams. One has a great teacher but has been bored and unchallenged. My 2nd child has an AWFUL teacher! I'm fairly certain that the 1 year that my kids spent at Adams has set their educational goals back unacceptably. I tried contacting the principal, several times, and never heard from her. There's also one teacher that I know of who speaks about god in the classroom. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the principal is "born-again". I could easily over-look the whole religion thing if the academics were worth it though.

Adams Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
Three of my children have gone through Adam, and they have done very well. If you want your child to be invited to a weekly birthday party, this may not be the school for you. If you want your child to get a good education with diversity, then this is the school. Most of the teachers are excellent and will go above and beyond to help your child. If your child is advance they will challenge them! It's sad that many neighborhood kids stay clear of this school only due to discrimination reason, not the quality.

Posted September 20, 2012
We just started at Adams after 4 years of private school and are VERY impressed! The staff are very hard-working, professional, and engaged. The principal is 110% dedicated. The children are welcoming and friendly. The scores are jumping up by leaps and bounds. And the programs are unbelievable. Art, computer, running club, library, reading - and that is just what is available for free BEFORE school!!

Adams Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
Adams is an awesome school!! The Teachers & staff members are great. The principal is outgoing, enthusiastic and always looking for ways to benefit the school in many areas. The parents are all so involved. I have older children who attended a different school and the involvement was never as successful as the one we have experienced here.

Posted April 20, 2010
The teachers are great. My two older children went to Adams School and got a great education.

Posted April 19, 2010
Adams has always been a great school for my kids, my last one is in 3rd grade this year and the teachers and staff are terrific and dedicated to all of the students. With a dedicated Principal in place now, Adams is poised to become even better.

Posted April 16, 2010
Our kindergarten experience has far surpassed my expectations! My son is reading The Magic Tree House series on his own in kindergarten. His teacher has introduced him to geography, history and higher level thinking. In addition, he has Spanish, Computers, Library, Art, Garden and Science. Unbelievable! In this economy, I do not know of any other public school in Santa Barbara that offers this many specialty classes. I highly recommend Adams!

Adams Elementary School 0

Posted January 15, 2010
Adams is a fabulous school with great teachers and parent support!

Adams Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2010
We have been pleased with our decision to send our daughter to Adams School. Her kindergarten experience has been wonderful with Mrs Viscarra. There has been a great sense of community among the families in her class. I loved the summer beach days so the children could establish relationships before school began. Mrs Alzina, the principal brings lots of energy and enthusiasm to the school and is very open to hearing about ways we can better the school. The kindergarten program is rich in learning. My daughter attends spanish class daily, and has weekly art, science, PE, computer and library time. A fabulous addition to the school is the construction of the organic garden -and outdoor classroom thanks to the partnership with the Orfeala Foundation. I highly recommend sending your child to Adams School. Our desire is to continue to make Adams a neighborhood school.

Adams Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2008
Low parent involvement. Run-down facilities. It's too bad, but many families in nearby Samarkand and Hidden Valley search for other school options for their kids.

Adams Elementary School
2701 Las Positas Road, Santa Barbara, CA  93105
Last modified Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top