Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Their spirit program is effective, teacher-led and completely supported by the principal. The children have the opportunity to develop leadership skills! It's a pleasure to volunteer there.

Monroe School has an amazing Spirit program that provides each child a word of praise. Teachers choose about six students each of four times. By the end of the year all the students have received praise. The children are wonderful. I am volunteering in a second grade class. The teacher is exceptional and has the children working on cooperative learning in science, takes pictures of their work and has the class in complete control. It is a pleasure to be in her classroom.

Amazing school! My eldest child had an amazing expirience here! There were so many great programs this school offered such as mastery math and GATE. In adition, there were some less acedimiclaly inclined activities such as, Art, PE, Science, Computer skills., Vocal music, and Theather. However, as my younger child entered Monroe, I noticed these progams to slowly disingirate. The school is not like it was before. Still a good school, but I really wish things were back to how they were before . Howver, I must give credit that my older child who attend Monroe is now in high school and is achieving mosltly A's in Honors, AP, and College courses. I belive the bases to this excellent achivemnet is derrived partially from her alma mater, Monoe Elementary School.

Monroe is fantastic! We love the teachers and the principle. The ICann art program is amazing, The freshly painted ball court walls give the school a renewed since of pride, there is a lot of good happening. The organic garden is great, the PTA is hard working and very involved in fostering the best education for the scholars! It's a gem on the Mesa!!!

Over the last 15 years seven kids from my family (cousins) have all gone to Monroe.There are a few good things happening there still like the organic garden and music instruction and even the food in the cafeteria has gotten better!. But sadly this once great school is not what it used to be!!. So much that was good has been thrown away like Mastery Math program, Fifth Grade Shakespere, Sixth Grade Musical, the entire GATE program, and whatever other educational activities that apparently don't fit in with pursuit of the ALMIGHTY TEST SCORE. The current principal is VERYrude and unresponsive to parents, ineffective and plays favorites with student discipline, (bullying is now so common its part of the culture of the school!! It did not used to be!!) and has made the teachers miserable with MICROMANGMENT, busywork and intimidation. Many of the best teachers have left already, and most of the ones remaining seem stressed and burned out. I had two different teachers tell me this year that they were just putting in the time until they could retire in a year or two, is that who you would want teaching your child? .

My son went to this school last year and the first half of the year I was truly amazed! I loved all of the staff and enjoyed being involved in the classroom and with PTA events. In the second half of the year I became very ill and my son, who has ADHD, was acting out more in school. Although the teacher and principal worked hard to come up with a solution, testing was never done for him. His teacher often left him in the back of the classroom for over an hour or two because he would leave her and other children alone. Nearing the end of the school year his teacher was so worn out from "dealing with him" that she told me if I bring him to school she is going to have him sit in the office all day because she cannot deal with him when she has other students to teach. We removed him from the school with less than a month left because we could not trust the staff any longer.

My family LOVES Monroe Elementary. The teachers are great, the principal is outstanding, and the community is warm and embracing. I cannot imagine going any where else.

We are a new family to Monroe and I am BLOWN AWAY by the dedication from the teaching staff, the experience and enthusiasm the new principal is bringing and the community my children have been embraced by. Within just a few short weeks everyone was saying hello to my children, big smiles fill the hallways, and a staff that went above and beyond to challenge my children academically. I am so excited to have a school we walk to every morning with friends from the neighborhood... it really is a hidden gem on the Mesa.

Monroe is a great neighborhood school. It has unique programs which allow all the students to work in integrated classrooms as well as customized learning groups so that every child has a chance for their knowledge to grow.

My children have been at Monroe for 3 years, and love the teachers and the staff. I am very involved with their education and am always welcome in their classroom and on campus. Monroe has a lot of programs for their overall development.

Last modified Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.