Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 08, 2016
I think that it is good, it takes my mind off of the outside world.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 08, 2016
This showed me how hard it is to be depressed, this school made me realize what is like to wake up everyday and realize that you have nothing to look forward too, this school has broken me. It taught me that I have to have enough persistence to be able to make it through the day without succumbing to my true feelings.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 08, 2016
This school has somehow managed to make an outrageous amount of work amount to absolutely no education or growth as a person. Three and a half years wasted so far...

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted January 08, 2016
This school makes me want to put things in my eyes. Please get me out.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted January 08, 2016
This school made me lose my respect for authorities and made me lose my thought of self worth.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 12, 2015
They don't take reports by students of verbal threats and physical assaults seriously. They allow gangs to threaten other children and are not concerned with finding the ones doing it.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 12, 2015
They don't hold bad behavior accountable and don't care if children are threatened or harmed.

San Marcos Senior High School 2

Posted June 12, 2015
My son was beat up by 4 West side gang members after school. The administrators did nothing about it. Because he only knew one of the guys, they did not even try to find out who the others were. I feel like if my son had been a minority and the gang members white, it would have been a different story. The campus police said he didn't want to ruin his rapport with the one boy we did identify. I've never seen anything like this. I had to go above the school to the board and local legislature before anyone took it serious. They tried to make my son, the victim, feel bad, instead of the perpetrators. Kind of like blaming a rape victim for getting raped. His vice principal never would return my calls or emails unless I cc'd the principal. We are from Nashville, and I just had a lot higher expectations out here.

San Marcos Senior High School 5

Posted November 20, 2013
I love San Marcos High School! It is the best high school in Santa Barbara because 1. the teachers and staff are nice 2. they are competent and helpful 3. they love their subject and job 4. the kids are low-key 5. they balance their academic with sports and activities 5. the students are proud to be Royals 6. the atmosphere is happy 7. You learn a lot and well! 8. You are prepared for the university. I JUST LOVE IT!

San Marcos Senior High School 5

Posted September 30, 2013
Best kept secret in Santa Barbara. Great teachers and great kids. So happy we transferred districts to be here. The other high schools just don't come close to comparing.

4750 Hollister Avenue, Santa Barbara, CA  93110
Last modified San Marcos Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.