7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Anacapa has been a wonderful school for my son. He was resistant to attending at first and now enjoys going to school every day. We were originally going to send him only for junior high, but he is doing so extremely well at Anacapa and is so happy attending the school, that he will attend through high school. It is clear that the teachers and the headmaster truly care about each student, and make the learning experience enjoyable and fun. The children learn far more than they would at most public junior high and high schools. I can't say enough good things about Anacapa School.

Anacapa has been a wonderful school for our 2 children who are in the eighth and eleventh grades. They have had a rigorous and challenging academic experience, and the school has worked creatively with individual learning styles. Each has learned to be an independent learner. The school's culture emphasizes community, and students learn about diversity, tolerance, respect, integrity, and enjoyment and appreciation of differences within the school group. The demanding classwork is coupled with fun- school trips, projects, great opportunities for new experiences. The curriculum and elective opportunities are wide ranging and diverse for a small school. I highly recommend Anacapa.

The Anacapa School is a supportive community and our son has thrived under a unique curriculum of high-level academics.

Anacapa is one of the best schools in Town! We like it being small, so students get more personal attention and time with teachers. Though it is a private school, they are very much demanding academically, and if someone is not pulling the weight, one can be dismissed from school for academic underachievement or poor performance regardless of whether that student is on scholarship or paying full tuition. This kind of approach stimulates and motivates students to work harder, develop creative and logical thinking, take responsibilities, and be overachievers. This school teaches kids something that's been lost in America - Common Sense! We are very happy and our daughter is very happy with Anacapa. Really great school with a lot to offer and prepare your child for college and life!

Academically it's solid and the amazing school community is a gift to your child and to yourself. My son would have been lost, socially, at another school. At Anacapa he was given the space and the tools to grow into his best self and he was loved and respected for it. He is now succeeding in college and his Anacapa friends remain a part of his life. My second child is in year three at Anacapa and is thriving there -- has never not wanted to go to school and has often thanked us for making it possible. Third child can't wait to be a freshman! We're grateful to have found the Anacapa school.

The Anacapa School is not a place where students just 'do' school. Students develop the skills and knowledge they need within assignments and projects that encourage critical thinking, creativity, ethics with connections to the wider world. I think Anacapa is a good start to the real life for my daughter.

I have enrolled my son at Anacapa after withdrawing him from an awful year and a half at a well know school with impressive campus, also located in Santa Barbara. I am thrilled with the experience at The Anacapa School and am happy to have made this move. My only regret is that I did not do it sooner. My son is much more challenged academically here, the kids are far more respectful and caring towards one another and there is a real sense of community and personal responsibility at this school. The headmaster and teachers have created a nurturing, welcoming environment that is all inclusive and where a child can thrive. Anacapa is a school where there are consequences for inappropriate actions and behavior and where personal responsibility and integrity have meaning. This is not a school for the pampered or indulged. We love it at Anacapa.

Anacapa is a college prep school with high expectations of it's students ability to follow the rules and study hard. The variety of activities builds both traditional academic and life style skills. My daughter did well, went to Sarah Lawrence College, now a recognized artist. Fantastic school.

I love the school... The has great teachers and headmaster and they about my kids... My kids love it there

Last modified Anacapa School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12