Santa Clara, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted March 17, 2014
My kids started at Monticello in preschool (first one in 2005),and we are still there! I truly believe that the teachers, administrative staff, and principal want the absolute best for the students; they repeatedly go out of their way to help in whatever way is possible. When my youngest was diagnosed with a serious, chronic medical condition, the staff didn't skip a beat and incorporated the new issues into their routine. The negative reviewers are surprising--not every aspect of the school is always perfect for each of my children at all times, but when we have brought a concern to the staff, the situation was addressed and was handled appropriately. The school offers a wide variety of extra-curricular activities that often are missing in elementary/middle schools these days. Also, the after-school program is well-run with many additional options. I highly recommend Monticello Academy to parents interested in a caring, academically-challenging educational experience.

Posted March 04, 2014
Fabulous school so glad my son was nurtured and taught here. This school continues to grow and improve each year.

Posted September 13, 2013
Great Principal, supportive teachers and individual attention to students. This school does require a lot of dedication and a commitment to excellence. Rules are pretty strict all around but staff is extremely caring and helps children improve in every way in a nurturing manner.

Posted July 26, 2013
My daughter studied on this school. The biggest problem with this school is class teachers. I believe that some of class teacher's are not good. The teacher is not having enough experience to handle students and some teachers are not showing interest to speed up students. We have struggled with this school. I and my wife put lot of efforts to pick up my daughter. Really there was a lot of improvement in my daughter's performance. The parents must think twice to admit their kids into Monticello academy.

Posted January 25, 2013
Simply put Monticello is the best! A fantastic school where both of my sons have blossom tremendously throughout the years. The academic programs combined with the well rounded approach to teaching children have put Monticello Academy in a league of their own. My children have experience kindergarten to the 3rd grade programs so far, and I have only praises to sing in regards to the teachers, the academic program, the after school care and the administration. When problems arise, the principal, the administrators and teachers are there to respond to the issue/need. They bring valuable feedback, provide guidance and get a solution in place. I have rarely met such a dedicated principal, administrators and teachers! Mrs. Trinh s (principal) leadership and ability to hire teachers have made Monticello the best choice for us and our children. I could not be more pleased than I am with our decision to have our children attend such an incredible school.

Posted November 27, 2012
The overall bad attitude of the administration and general lack of accountability for bad supervision severely outweigh the few good teachers at this school. You can tell few teachers, preschool, elementary, and middle school genuinely care about the kids and parents. The teachers seem to be overworked and underpaid. The tuition is one of the highest in the area and they still expect and hound you to donate for every fundraiser and school function that comes along. The principal will be your best friend to your face and surely favor your children if you refer your friends or have multiple children there but don't ever get on her bad side....I have heard her talking and laughing about people with that snotty assistant of hers the second someone leaves. Overall, I would not recommend this place to anyone. Your money will be better spent somewhere that children will be shown love and respect not treated according to how well liked their parents are.

Posted November 23, 2012
Overall, teachers at this school gave lots of favoritism to a few selected students whose parents were close to the principal. And, many of the teachers could not balance the core subjects evenly such as they would teach more of their stronger subjects and their weaker subjects less. The principal would allow the teachers to be absent for a week for their personal leisure, and what made it worst was that most of the substitutes were inexperienced and could not even carry on the course where the core subject teachers left off. Also, this school campus is too small to house pre-school, elementary and middle school together.

Posted May 08, 2012
This is my daughter's second year at Monticello Academy and I couldn't be happier. This is the place where the principal and teachers know all the kid's names. Their commitment to the success of the students is second to none. The priority of the teachers as well as the staff is that each and every student reach their academic as well as their social/emotional potential. The goal of Monticello is that the students are successful in school and ultimately successful in life. We all feel as a part of a big family in this school. I highly recommend Monticello Academy to other potential parents.

Posted March 04, 2012
I have moved my son from different private school to Monticello to 2nd grade because his prev school was disaster academically. He was really upset to leave the great place where you can do nothing except having fun so Monticello teacher had a bit of challenge. He is doing great there, accepted the fact it is much more homework and structure and I am just sorry I didn't know about this school before. It is very affordable for private school, great afterschool program, hot lunches included in tuition ect... I hope for next year we will have as great teacher as we have now.

Posted January 29, 2012
My daughter attended Monticello Academy in fall 2009, during a very rough time for her and problems with school. We visited most K-8th private school around this area, and decided to go with Monticello school. Since attending this wonderful school, she has opened up to her teachers, and made a lot of new, close friends. The small school environment, with extremely friendly and dedicated teachers has made a very positive impact on her. The students in this school are very friendly, and make new students feel very welcome. Began to show a new interest in school and is a much happier child compared to previous school. The staff has been there for us as a family and all of her teachers show a true interest in her. On academic side, it is fairly rigorous, and they have a top notch computer curriculum. She does so much better with her SAT test last year than before. This school is a perfect fit for my daughter, and I'm a very happy parent !!!!

Monticello Academy