Santa Clara, CA

Posted April 27, 2015
Previously withdrew our son from this school due to his below average academic performance, we sent him to a near by school (paid higher but we're fine with that). Our son didn't do well at new school either. We identified the problem. Probably we hadn't spent much time with him and his teachers. Asked our son which school he'd like, he preferred Monticello, because of his friends and teachers at Monticello were nice. We transferred him back to Monticello with no issues. Teachers wanted to work with us to help our son. We worked with the teachers for more than a years, and they're great, helpful, dedicated and open minded. Tuition at this school is lower than its competitors. I have to agree that the facility is not topnotch but I would hold against it. Lesson learn: It's a both way street, parents and teachers work together to achieve common goal for our children. Administrations anywhere are ridiculous to be fair, but our son worked with teacher, not administration. I've read a few sour grapes on this site, but it's their options, their life. We'll send out daughter to Monticello when she's five years old.

Monticello Academy 2

Posted March 29, 2015
Monticello gets both of its stars because we have had generally good experiences with faculty. However, the administration spends so much time nagging the parents on one hand (attendance, tardies, uniforms) all the while undercutting the core teachers' classroom management. If your local public school is truly below standards, or you need extended care before/after school, then Monticello may work for you. But know going in that the curriculum lacks anything innovative, the hot lunch has devolved into reheated frozen offerings from Costco (this started in 2013), and the focus on the whole child are now a thing of the past. Ask to see the census of the student body over the last several years, and then question why there has been a massive exodus in the student body (75 students over just one summer!) If having integrity modeled for your children is important to you, then this is not your school. The administration will discuss your children or your family's plans with other parents. They will openly discuss the kick backs and perks they receive from vendors of the school. They will take the cheap way out in terms of field trips and student safety.

Posted March 17, 2014
My kids started at Monticello in preschool (first one in 2005),and we are still there! I truly believe that the teachers, administrative staff, and principal want the absolute best for the students; they repeatedly go out of their way to help in whatever way is possible. When my youngest was diagnosed with a serious, chronic medical condition, the staff didn't skip a beat and incorporated the new issues into their routine. The negative reviewers are surprising--not every aspect of the school is always perfect for each of my children at all times, but when we have brought a concern to the staff, the situation was addressed and was handled appropriately. The school offers a wide variety of extra-curricular activities that often are missing in elementary/middle schools these days. Also, the after-school program is well-run with many additional options. I highly recommend Monticello Academy to parents interested in a caring, academically-challenging educational experience.

Posted March 04, 2014
Fabulous school so glad my son was nurtured and taught here. This school continues to grow and improve each year.

Posted September 13, 2013
Great Principal, supportive teachers and individual attention to students. This school does require a lot of dedication and a commitment to excellence. Rules are pretty strict all around but staff is extremely caring and helps children improve in every way in a nurturing manner.

Posted July 26, 2013
My daughter studied on this school. The biggest problem with this school is class teachers. I believe that some of class teacher's are not good. The teacher is not having enough experience to handle students and some teachers are not showing interest to speed up students. We have struggled with this school. I and my wife put lot of efforts to pick up my daughter. Really there was a lot of improvement in my daughter's performance. The parents must think twice to admit their kids into Monticello academy.

Posted January 25, 2013
Simply put Monticello is the best! A fantastic school where both of my sons have blossom tremendously throughout the years. The academic programs combined with the well rounded approach to teaching children have put Monticello Academy in a league of their own. My children have experience kindergarten to the 3rd grade programs so far, and I have only praises to sing in regards to the teachers, the academic program, the after school care and the administration. When problems arise, the principal, the administrators and teachers are there to respond to the issue/need. They bring valuable feedback, provide guidance and get a solution in place. I have rarely met such a dedicated principal, administrators and teachers! Mrs. Trinh s (principal) leadership and ability to hire teachers have made Monticello the best choice for us and our children. I could not be more pleased than I am with our decision to have our children attend such an incredible school.

Posted November 27, 2012
The overall bad attitude of the administration and general lack of accountability for bad supervision severely outweigh the few good teachers at this school. You can tell few teachers, preschool, elementary, and middle school genuinely care about the kids and parents. The teachers seem to be overworked and underpaid. The tuition is one of the highest in the area and they still expect and hound you to donate for every fundraiser and school function that comes along. The principal will be your best friend to your face and surely favor your children if you refer your friends or have multiple children there but don't ever get on her bad side....I have heard her talking and laughing about people with that snotty assistant of hers the second someone leaves. Overall, I would not recommend this place to anyone. Your money will be better spent somewhere that children will be shown love and respect not treated according to how well liked their parents are.

Posted November 23, 2012
Overall, teachers at this school gave lots of favoritism to a few selected students whose parents were close to the principal. And, many of the teachers could not balance the core subjects evenly such as they would teach more of their stronger subjects and their weaker subjects less. The principal would allow the teachers to be absent for a week for their personal leisure, and what made it worst was that most of the substitutes were inexperienced and could not even carry on the course where the core subject teachers left off. Also, this school campus is too small to house pre-school, elementary and middle school together.

Posted May 08, 2012
This is my daughter's second year at Monticello Academy and I couldn't be happier. This is the place where the principal and teachers know all the kid's names. Their commitment to the success of the students is second to none. The priority of the teachers as well as the staff is that each and every student reach their academic as well as their social/emotional potential. The goal of Monticello is that the students are successful in school and ultimately successful in life. We all feel as a part of a big family in this school. I highly recommend Monticello Academy to other potential parents.

Monticello Academy