K-5|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter attended preschool here for two years, and now is in Kindergarten here. I cannot say enough about the excellence of the teachers and curriculum!! My daughter is THRIVING. She is learning in a positive environment which focuses on helping each child develop a fine character, learn how to get along with others and resolve conflicts positively, and apply Biblical principles practically day to day. I love this school; the heart of the teachers and administrators toward our children is awesome--loving, expecting great things, encouraging every child. Academically, the school is top notch. Logistically--very convenient (even for us--we live in San Jose). All in all--a fantastic school.

The school needs to do better with the academics and the facility itself. It's a bit more expensive than catholic schools so you'd at least expect that the school is clean, secure and well-maintained. The classrooms are clean but the bathrooms are filthy, security is lacking and the kids eat lunch under the sun. As for academics, it does not have much option for advanced kids and they are somewhat forced to be at the same pace as the kids who need more help. They do not have language classes like in other private schools and is not accredited by WASC. I don't think they're as advanced in academics compared to other private schools since I've seen other kids from other private schools being more advanced in writing, critical thinking, Math and Science (STEM). So, I say that if you're a parent who values a sense of community in school and religion over academics, this is the school for you (they are good in exposing children to outreach programs) but if you're a parent who values academics over everything else, then you may be better off looking at other private schools.

My daughter started attending SCCS at 2.5 yrs and is now going into the 2nd grade. The teachers truly love the children and enjoy teaching them it shows! Immediately the teachers recognized my daughter had a strong personality and were able to channel her actions in the right direction. They saw in her an ability to lead and have responsibility even at such a young age, and have continually given her opportunities to be a leader and a helper. The staff recognize each child s unique gifts/strengths and give plenty of opportunities for the students to explore and build upon their strengths. SCCS endeavors to build a good sense of character in each child and are constantly giving the students opportunities to show compassion and respect for others, to be honest and fair; to have a strong sense of responsibility, good judgment, and self-discipline; to be concerned for their community and the world they live in. With the small class sizes the teachers are able to spend more time with each student. My daughter has academically exceeded expectations at each grade level as well as grown emotionally and spiritually. I look forward to her continued growth throughout her years to come.

My son is currently in fourth grade and has been attending SCCS since pre-school. I cannot say enough nice things about the school - small classes (8 to 9 students per class) , great teachers, good moral foundation , excellent academic results. What more can I say? My sons' reading, writing and math skills are about three years ahead of the California average. I am very happy with every aspect of the school. Well worth the private tuition.

Our son has been at SCCS for 2 years now. He is thriving. I can see that the staff truly believes each child is special and has unique gifts to offer this world. The atmosphere is personal and friendly. The classes are small. Personal attention, support, and mentoring lead to great learning. Our son's standardized test scores were higher than ever. With summer winding down, my son told me today, "I think it's going to be a great year." And he's right. It will be.

This is my daughter's second year at SCCS, she started in preschool and is now in Kindergarten. The school is such a loving environment, and they really make our daughter feel special. The teachers are very caring, along with the administration, even the office staff. My daughter is learning a lot, and being a younger kindergartener with a fall birthday, she is getting the individual attention that she needs. I have seen so much improvement! The kindergarten has a full time aide as well as the teacher, so there is a lot of one on one and small group instruction. I would recommend both the preschool and the elementary to anyone looking for a loving, supportive environment with strong academics.

My children have been going to SCCS for 3 years. I can honestly say the warm and loving environment that SCCS has created is one of a family. The high quality , leadership roles and challenging academics they teach our children is amazing. The teachers are of the greatest, their caring, patient, and positive attitude towards the children is incredible.

My son has been with SCCS since Panda Bear. He is now in Brown Bear class and will be attending K this Fall. This school is outstanding in both academics and teaching moral values to kids. It has been a rewarding experience for us. The teachers are loving, patient and foster discipline, self-reliance and learning in a positive and constructive way.

Thanks to the founders of SCCS, Pastor Nice and Mrs Nice, who had such great faith and vision in this school to partner with families to build-up our next generation. Our older son went through elementary at SCCS and was well-prepared academically and in character-building for 6th grade at The King s Academy. Our younger daughter has been there since 2 years old in preschool. Both of them love the school, teachers and friends so much that there was no problem having them get up every morning to go to school. All teachers at SCCS are so loving and caring and our kids love every single one of them. The class ratio is amazingly low and the quality of the music productions are amazing too. All kids are involved in the production performance in which they might not be able to get such an experience from any other schools.

Great academics! They also team with parents in helping build good character qualities.

Last modified Santa Clara Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-5