PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Not impressed - the teachers are not warm and are not incentivized to interact with the children. The curriculum is strong, but kids are not encouraged to be themselves (they want cookie cutter "perfect" children who requires the least amount of attention from teachers). My child used to look forward to going to school, but is now trying his best to avoid school.

One of the best best. Teachers are good. Balanced overall growth.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are good. They encourage kids to give their best.

Preschool school curriculum is strong although hard to develop with the rules and an attempt to create a "perfect" appearance. To the surface, this looks a really good school. Core competencies in Math, Science, and Grammar are solid. Spanish program is a plus although could be better. But some of the better teachers have left. Preschool principal isn't great.

It is really a great school but didn't work for us. Never though that flattering a teacher is important to send a child to a school, but looks like it is. Teachers frame a child's eligibility at the beginning of the year and do not change their opinion even if the child performs better. I am talking about KINDERGARTEN. I had very high regards for this school, but really had a very tough and difficult year with them. Very very disappointed.

I have a very positive and great experience at Pomeroy Stratford School. Although we are now relocated to another state, I could tell that my child's academic foundation thru Stratford School was amazing. He excels in most of his academic subjects, he could tell that his vigor academic exposure to Stratford helped him to succeed in his new private school. The teachers are phenomenal especially Mrs. Chang and the principal is very knowledgeable. I would say all the teachers are great as my son would always recognized their friendliness and kindness. The plus factor in my experience is the timely feedback of the teachers and helped the parents to focus on my child's capacity to continually improve.

I disagree with the previous review that homework is too much. I know a lot of students in public middle school and high school do homework till 12 am or 1 am everyday. I do think that Stratford's curriculum is lacking. It should be at least 2 or 3 grades above public school, which is not the case at all. Tuition is exorbitant compared to what we get in return.

My daughter is currently enrolled in Stratford Pomeroy Middle School. Most of the reviews listed for the school are for the elementary school. At the middle school, the teachers are great and very caring. However, they completely overwhelm the kids with so much homework that there is little time for anything else. We have been pulling our child out of the "free after school activities" so that she has enough time to do the homework. The school advertises no homework on the weekends, but that pure marketing. My child and ALL of her friends do homework on the weekends as well. My child works most of both days on the weekends as well to keep up. I wish they cared more about the stress they are putting on students.

Many parents have complained multiple times to the administration that there should be a big canopy/cover on the playground, to no avail. Kids are not allowed to apply sunscreen at school either. So that means they can only apply sunscreen at home, but sunscreen is only effective for 1 or two hours. Starting from 10 am, kids don't get any sun protection whatsoever. Is it really hard to put a big cover on the playground? Many schools have it. When will the administration care to protect kids from sun damage and potentially skin cancer?

This week, our son will be graduating from Stratford Middle School (Pomeroy Campus). We have had a great experience with the school and the school has really helped him build a solid foundation for high school. The academic curriculum is rich and exactly the rigor we had hoped for- the teachers and principal are very supportive and accessible and very committed to learning. My son's class was the first sixth grade class to start at this campus and we have been thrilled to see the fantastic growth of the school. Since we are both working parents we particularly appreciated the sports and several clubs offered after school. Our son was able to participate in soccer, basketball and football along with robotics and also got the opportunity to take on a leadership role in student council. Most importantly, he developed great friendships and really enjoyed being at school. The trips to Yosemite and Washington DC were truly memorable! Stratford has enabled him to build a solid foundation for high school by providing enriching experiences. We would highly recommend this school if you are looking for a structured program with academic rigor coupled with several extra curricular programs.

Last modified Stratford School - Santa Clara Pomeroy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8