Public charter
Santa Clara, CA

Posted March 22, 2015
My daughter is going to this school. We are happy with the outcomes and are planning to continue.

Magnolia Science Academy Santa Clara 2

Posted January 28, 2015
My child attends Magnolia. The previous elementary school administration seemed to go out of the way, no they tripped over themselves to answer my questions. Unlike Magnolia, they really care. There are positives at Magnolia. The diversity being the most. Other features are grades online using CoolSis. The teachers are kind and energetic. These positives are quickly negated by the debilitating amount of homework. Additionally the awarding of all students the same grade, "A" for every class is absurd and patronizing. However, the most glaring downside is the administration. I'm not sure why, but they have a terrible habit of not returning email or phone calls. They appear to be hunkered down in another building, which the door is usually locked. Message: "Leave us alone, we are busy." The principal is very arrogant stating on the first day of school, "If you have a complaint, don't waste your time going to the district." Magnolia's charter for 2015-16 was not renewed. I can understand why they denied Magnolia's request. I am sure arrogance is not the way to do school business in Santa Clara.
5 people found this helpful

Magnolia Science Academy Santa Clara 1

Posted August 12, 2014
I had the chance to be a teacher at this school. I believe that the administration team lacks the ethics and values of education that are essentially needed for educating the kids. The top administrators run this school with purely business ethics; where all means are justified for gaining profits. I would not disagree with incorporating business skills to run a school but I do disagree with running a school just as a business. In other words, educators cannot be successful unless they have and show moral values and good ethics so the kids inherit them by practice. Appreciation, kindness, honesty, humbleness, and professionalism are all essential values for the leaders and administrators to be successful in the field of education. Likewise, arrogance, denial, depreciation, and dishonesty are disastrous values to put in practice while educating our kids. As an educator and a man of values, I will never return to this school and I will not send my kids to such an unhealthy environment.
4 people found this helpful

Posted June 25, 2014
A parent.... I hope the new crop of 8th graders continue onto 9th. The look of the school will change dramatically, for the good. Some teachers are dedicated. My appreciations to Ms. Erbil, Ms. Maragos, Mr. Walton, Ms. Altun. And yes, a bigger campus would be wonderful. Perhaps, a new self-improvement routine included (taking a chapter out of Japanese schools). every class assigned to campus cleanliness, Besides curriculum, a good school should inculcate community self-improvement. Besides physical education, also include game times. We can look towards donating hockey sticks to the school. Soccer, basketball are the only two sports on campus. Do include street hockey as well. And also a session of atheletics. I grew up participating in atheletics, makes it a satisfying school year for those that can run, jump, throw.

Posted April 17, 2014
I believe they are great example of good charter school, they have good discipline and science curriculum

Posted April 16, 2014
Well, I'm a high school student that goes to Magnolia Science Academy Santa Clara, and it really has been an interesting year for me. The schedule and classes might change next year, but this year, many of the (9th grade) high school students are not into school. They sometimes annoy the teachers, and put them into a bad mood. On the other hand, I like the CMLP program, which helps students get into a good college, since every Saturday we do SAT practice, learn how to write a good essay for the SAT, and some advanced math concepts. The school could improve on getting a better campus, and having a better discipline system, rather than that of getting negatives and positives on records, since shown that nobody really cares about it, because many just wear whatever they want (The school has a uniform policy). Adding on the better campus, this was an elementary school, and I really do not think it can hold up to 11th grade. Overall it is a pretty good school.

Posted April 10, 2014
This school is great! The teacher-student ratio is excellent and the student really gets to learn. In addition, the school is diverse with students from many different backgrounds and cultures! The staff are determined and very focused. Hope this school grows into a bigger establishment!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 28, 2014
This is an excellent school with good leadership and discipline. Discipline is the key to a good education. They have it in place!

Posted February 27, 2014
It is a very good school if you want your children excel in STEM. They have very good after school club.

Posted December 09, 2013
I understand that parents and students would like to learn more about our high school programs since MSA Santa Clara is a new school in this area. In this post, I will try to answer some common questions most of our prospective parents have in their minds especially about our high school, or try to clarify some misunderstandings which people have because of misinformation. 1. Is Magnolia Science Academy a private school? No, Magnolia Science Academy is a public charter school which means; - tuition-free and open to every student who wishes to enroll - non-sectarian, and do not discriminate on any basis - publicly funded by local, state and federal tax dollars based on - - - enrollment, like other public schools - held accountable to state and federal academic standards 2. Is MSA an accredited institution? Yes, our school is accredited by WASC. 3. Can MSA High school students enroll in any public or private colleges? Yes, MSA is a WASC accredited institution and there is no problem for our students to enroll in any type of higher education program. 4. Does MSA offer any AP and Honor classes in high school. Yes, our students can start taking APs and Honors starting in 9th grade.
2 people found this helpful

Magnolia Science Academy Santa Clara
2720 Sonoma Place, Santa Clara, CA  95051
Last modified Magnolia Science Academy Santa Clara is a Charter school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magnolia Science Academy Santa Clara Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top