Bracher Elementary School

Public | K-5

Living in Santa Clara

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $500,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,650.

Posted May 31, 2014

My son attends Bracher and it is a horrible school when it comes to Special education. The staff are not honest and cut corners with SPED process. I recommend to tape all meetings and only do contact through writing, so you have documents of everything! It's surprising there are no law suits , they assume every Hispanic speaks Spanish and that's why they have learning issues. Take your student out ASAP

Posted April 7, 2014

This school used to have great leadership. There are still excellent teachers, but with lack of leadership, comes the exodus of its excellent teachers. Over 50% of its original staff have left in the last 3 years since the new principal joined. Isn't that a telling sign of lack of leadership or bad leadership? Regardless of the schools rank on APIs, if the teachers aren't happy, then why would its students be happy????
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 24, 2013

My kid has been here for four years now. I don t see the level of leadership and morale with staff that was present before. I hope the superintendent would think twice before adding another grade level at this school.

Posted October 26, 2012

Bracher is a great school. My son is in second grade and has had excellent teachers all 3 years that he has been there. I was nervous at first- his best friend chose to go to St. Justin's but I decided to give Bracher a try before going the private school route and I am so glad I did. I couldn't be happier with my Bracher experience!

Posted September 25, 2012

I was nervous about my kindergartener attending this school, as we were really hoping to attend Washington Open. It's been a little over a month since school started and to say the least, I am very pleased with the school and staff. They have been nothing but helpful and my child loves going to school every day!

Posted September 15, 2012

I love Bracher, the teachers are like one family, they care about all students, they are fair and accurate. Students are challenged according to their performance, making sure they are advancing regularly. Kids are safe at Bracher because there's zero tolerance for bullying. The principal is always around campus, and the administration staff are so helpful. The PTA is so active and organized, providing for many parent's involvement opportunities.

Posted September 1, 2011

I am not a fan of Bracher. I am sure that there are worse schools out there but my experience with Bracher has not been a pleasent one. I will not say all but some of the teachers do not grade acuratley. We moved to Santa Clara from Cupertino. Cupertino was an AMAZING school district and while I understand that not all are the same, I don't understand how my daughter went from a straight "A" (they grade with numbers all 4 and a couple of 3's) to Bracher where she got stratight 2's for her first 2 report cards and then straight 3's at the end of the year. Several parent told me this would happen. Also, the teachers comments were that she doesn't read enough and can't recall what she read and tell you about it. That same tri-mester she got an award for reading so much. Also, my daughter reads at college level and can almost recite the books she reads back to you in their entirety. Now we are having issues with my son's 2nd grade teacher and how confusing her homework sheet is and the confusion is causing a lot of frustration.

Posted September 1, 2011

Bracher Elementary School has fabulous, very dedicated teachers, staff and a new principal this year. The teachers are very thorough, well organized, collaborative, care deeply about their students, truly teach students how to do things and why it matters, and instill a sense of confidence both emotionally and academically in the children. Students are taught to "always do their best". Ms. Allegretti is a phenomenal teacher and is one of those rare teachers who reaches out to all of her students and their parents. She is extremely accessible, creative, organized and cares so much for her students. Kathy in the office is a huge asset to the school and shows huge care for students and parents. Principal Leach, who is new, is off to a running start getting everything together in a very tough budget year. The parents who are involved in PTA are great and genuine though more involvement is needed from more parents. We are very happy with Bracher and our child is excited to go there every day and is proud to go to Bracher.

Posted April 4, 2011

I LOVE this school! My daughter started Bracher at 2nd grade and I was a bit hesitant but by the end of the school year, I was very pleased. She is now in 5th grade and has had the same teacher for 2nd, 4th and 5th! We love Mr. Fry....pays attention to the student and definitely lets you know of any concerns. All of the teachers at Bracher are very good, friendly and welcoming. We started with Dr. K as principal, who we all miss terribly, but Ms. Fore, is wonderful! She is friendly, kind, sincere and always has a smile on her face. I have a 1st grader who loves the school as well. Their kindergarten program is great! Our PTA is small and the few "active" parents do all we can for the children. Really wish more parents would participate. Anyhow, sadly, we will be continuuing our journey at a different city. We will definitely miss Bracher.....our "family-like" community.

Posted September 17, 2009

We,too, have transferred our son to Bracher from a nearby elementary school this year. We are so happy to be part of this school! They have a true leader, the principal, who is dedicated and has a firm belief that all kids can learn and thrive. And I love my son's teacher: she is the best! I am amazed at how generous she is with her time and is attentive to each child that comes her way ---even to the younger siblings. Most of all, everyone I come across this campus seem 'happy'! I think that is a genuine sign of true leadership and team spirit. Go Bobcats!

Posted September 4, 2008

I recently pulled my children out of a nearby elementary school and put them at Bracher. It was the best decision I have ever made. From the principal to the teachers they are very caring, and very well organized. I love the school and my kids love it too. They no longer dread going to school everyday!

Posted June 6, 2008

My child has been at Bracher since kindergarden and I think that Bracher is a great school and wonderfull teachers and staff.My daughter is Graduating this year and Im going to miss Bracher very much and I cant wait for my son to attend this School.

Posted January 31, 2008

My oldest daughter has been attending here since K. She is now in 5th grade. We had moved a couple times, home & school, the whole nine yards. Yet each time we moved back & she was back at Bracher it was just as exciting as the 1st day of Kindergarten. The office staff, & teachers provide excellent support for the students at a supberb personal level, & academic level as well. Knowing how well the staff does with the children can easily put any parents mind at ease. Now my 6yr. old is attending 1st grade, nothing has changed within the school, except the faces of the kids. I know that my younger daughter will grow to have excellent grades just as my oldest daughter has done, thans to Bracher. I can't wait for my 4yr. old son to start.

Posted September 29, 2007

I have send all three of my children through this school. They had had the best educational experience that we could possible find for them. They have been challenged to meet their full academic potential. They most importantly have had fun doing so. The teaching staff is very caring and willing to do anything to help children that need additional help. The only problem with this school is the lack of parent help. The parents that do help, seem to have fun doing so, and achieve more they one could expect. The administrative staff, keep everything together. They are visible in the school, and approachable. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted May 10, 2007

Bracher School is a great school when it comes to getting children at or above their academic levels. They acknowleged, assessed and assisted me in getting my daughter into a program which greatly assisted in her speech deficiency. She was having trouble sounding out g and k. My son's kindergarten teacher, Ms. Allegretti is the most organized, patient, and helpful teacher I've come across since my school years. She taught my son more than I expected. Mrs. Da Silva also assisted me with my sons reading and comprehension. She knew he had potential and got me involved. I just assisted in the Bracher Bop and great to see many parents involved in their children's school activities. I'm so blessed my children are attending Bracher.

Posted October 4, 2005

I was a student here just a couple of years ago. I felt that the programs and curriculum offered were below what one would expect from a school in an area that has so much to offer. Too bad the children won't be able to compete in thier own backyard. At least I made lasting friendships and found one teacher I will always remember. Extracurricular activities were so predictable--meaning mundane and unimaginative.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 22, 2005

On the good side the children and staff here seem to be at least within reasonable or average abilities. Academics are 'ok', school claims and seems to show regard for special ed students, but peer teasing is not addressed very well. My kids tell me about incidents and that is worrisome.If I could I would send my children to another school. Also, I feel they are not being challenged, or encouraged to work to thier potential. They learn more at home than at school. But we are stuck here for now.

Posted September 16, 2005

Although the staff is good, there is nothing exemplory about any of the teachers or administration staff that I have met. My child has been attending Bracher for 4 years and does not enjoy the curriculum, finding it unchallenging. She is a good student, but is not considered a high achiever, thus her complaints should be taken seriously, as from an 'average child'. The low income ratio is not a detriment, but the staff seems to have a bit of a bias against low income, minority, or special needs children which we find reprehensible.

Posted August 31, 2005

My child only attended Kindergarten at Bracher but I was nonetheless pleased with the quality of the curriculum and his teacher. He came out of the program with the ability to do a lot of things that he couldn't do previously, including basic math, reading, writing, etc. The level of parent involvement as minimal, which was sad to see. My son's mother and I were probably two of the more active parents in his class. Indeed, parent teacher night often had a small turnout.

This school's

(2012)

8 / 10

10 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

8 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

10 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

44 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

All Students46%

• Wayne Leach
Fax number
  • (408) 423-1280

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2700 Chromite Drive