Bad
Good

This school is a small, great neighborhood school. The size is ideal, teachers and staff know all of the students and parents. Teachers seem to be dedicated and passionate, they have a collaborate mindset. The student body make up is international and diverse. It seems that parent participation is increasing with a great core PTA. The facilities can use improvement, but a bond measure will be bringing some much needed upgrades to the classrooms this summer.

My son attends Bracher and it is a horrible school when it comes to Special education. The staff are not honest and cut corners with SPED process. I recommend to tape all meetings and only do contact through writing, so you have documents of everything! It's surprising there are no law suits , they assume every Hispanic speaks Spanish and that's why they have learning issues. Take your student out ASAP

This school used to have great leadership. There are still excellent teachers, but with lack of leadership, comes the exodus of its excellent teachers. Over 50% of its original staff have left in the last 3 years since the new principal joined. Isn't that a telling sign of lack of leadership or bad leadership? Regardless of the schools rank on APIs, if the teachers aren't happy, then why would its students be happy????

My kid has been here for four years now. I don t see the level of leadership and morale with staff that was present before. I hope the superintendent would think twice before adding another grade level at this school.

Bracher is a great school. My son is in second grade and has had excellent teachers all 3 years that he has been there. I was nervous at first- his best friend chose to go to St. Justin's but I decided to give Bracher a try before going the private school route and I am so glad I did. I couldn't be happier with my Bracher experience!

I was nervous about my kindergartener attending this school, as we were really hoping to attend Washington Open. It's been a little over a month since school started and to say the least, I am very pleased with the school and staff. They have been nothing but helpful and my child loves going to school every day!

I love Bracher, the teachers are like one family, they care about all students, they are fair and accurate. Students are challenged according to their performance, making sure they are advancing regularly. Kids are safe at Bracher because there's zero tolerance for bullying. The principal is always around campus, and the administration staff are so helpful. The PTA is so active and organized, providing for many parent's involvement opportunities.

I am not a fan of Bracher. I am sure that there are worse schools out there but my experience with Bracher has not been a pleasent one. I will not say all but some of the teachers do not grade acuratley. We moved to Santa Clara from Cupertino. Cupertino was an AMAZING school district and while I understand that not all are the same, I don't understand how my daughter went from a straight "A" (they grade with numbers all 4 and a couple of 3's) to Bracher where she got stratight 2's for her first 2 report cards and then straight 3's at the end of the year. Several parent told me this would happen. Also, the teachers comments were that she doesn't read enough and can't recall what she read and tell you about it. That same tri-mester she got an award for reading so much. Also, my daughter reads at college level and can almost recite the books she reads back to you in their entirety. Now we are having issues with my son's 2nd grade teacher and how confusing her homework sheet is and the confusion is causing a lot of frustration.

Bracher Elementary School has fabulous, very dedicated teachers, staff and a new principal this year. The teachers are very thorough, well organized, collaborative, care deeply about their students, truly teach students how to do things and why it matters, and instill a sense of confidence both emotionally and academically in the children. Students are taught to "always do their best". Ms. Allegretti is a phenomenal teacher and is one of those rare teachers who reaches out to all of her students and their parents. She is extremely accessible, creative, organized and cares so much for her students. Kathy in the office is a huge asset to the school and shows huge care for students and parents. Principal Leach, who is new, is off to a running start getting everything together in a very tough budget year. The parents who are involved in PTA are great and genuine though more involvement is needed from more parents. We are very happy with Bracher and our child is excited to go there every day and is proud to go to Bracher.

I LOVE this school! My daughter started Bracher at 2nd grade and I was a bit hesitant but by the end of the school year, I was very pleased. She is now in 5th grade and has had the same teacher for 2nd, 4th and 5th! We love Mr. Fry....pays attention to the student and definitely lets you know of any concerns. All of the teachers at Bracher are very good, friendly and welcoming. We started with Dr. K as principal, who we all miss terribly, but Ms. Fore, is wonderful! She is friendly, kind, sincere and always has a smile on her face. I have a 1st grader who loves the school as well. Their kindergarten program is great! Our PTA is small and the few "active" parents do all we can for the children. Really wish more parents would participate. Anyhow, sadly, we will be continuuing our journey at a different city. We will definitely miss Bracher.....our "family-like" community.

Last modified Bracher Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.