Posted March 13, 2013
Buchser is an amazing school. I whole heartedly disagree with the previous review. The administration supports a safe learning environment and are all very professional. The staff works hard for the students and treat each child as an individual. If you walk onto campus you can feel the sense of pride from both teachers and students. The culture is one every parent would want for their child. I am a parent who is also in education. I have been involved with a lot of school. This school is special. There is a true sense of community and I feel lucky to be a part of it.

Buchser Middle School 1

Posted February 22, 2013
The principal Mr.Eaton has poor leadership skills and the vice principal is very rough and unprofessional.The teachers don't care about students that fall behind and are not held accountable.They don't reach out to the student or parent to support the child.The worst school my children every attended we have moved around a lot and without a dough the WORST school my children have attended. If I could give a zero star I would.

Posted January 29, 2013
Buchser is the best school in the Santa Clara Unified School District. Having worked at each of the district's middle schools, I can honestly say that this middle school has the best teachers, staff, and students. They take issues of bullying and good citizenship seriously, and that reflects in student performance.

Posted September 16, 2011
I had a great experience at Buchser. The past three years were quite great. The band teacher taught me how to play a flute within a week, and last year, for my 8th grade year, I was in advanced band. It really was a pleasure to work with the band teacher. The choir and orchestra teacher is quite mean, though. I had nothing but good teachers all three years. A few really stood out to me. I am beyond happy I went to this school. There is a bit of a problem with bullying, but the VP is SUPER strict, and can take care of it within 24 hours. The lunches are okay. I heard they closed down the snack bar, though. What gives! They had decent cookies! The water bottle machines are faulty. DO NOT USE THEM. They can and will eat your $1.25. The place really needs a big face-lift. The bathrooms are unsanitary, and full of graffiti. Except for the bathrooms in the science wing, they are all the same bathrooms from when the school opened, back then. They are disgusting. Some stalls don't even have locks! But, even through that, I made a few excellent friends, and the teachers really know what they were doing. THANK YOU BUCHSER!

Buchser Middle School 1

Posted August 29, 2011
The teachers are fine. What suffers at this school is the leadership. The Principal, Mr. Eaton is both ineffective and not polished with his communications to the parents. This is the last year my daughter will be attending Buchser. No lockers for students this year and there was no prior notice and no rolling backpacks are allowed. The kids have to carry their lunch, supplies, binders and PE clothes and shoes. The Walk-a-thon email went out the night before the event and asked for $50/student! The head of the PTA has no issue pursuing parents (at student registration!) who decline PTA membership due to financial hardship. The leadership lacks organization and professionalism. The Principal and President and VP of the PTA are positions needing new leadership.

Posted April 04, 2011
Overall I have been very pleased with the leadership at this school. The administration work to create a safe and inviting atmosphere for the students. Special reading and math programs have been developed for underachieving students and every effort is made to reach parents in their home language. Those students doing well academically are offered higher level math classes. Clubs offered to students include a girls program designed to expose students to higher education and various careers in the sciences and math.

Buchser Middle School 2

Posted November 27, 2010
This is an updated review, as I cannot figure out how to edit the other. If you find the error, you'll get a good laugh for the day. We have lived all over the US, attending a dozen+ schools, and Buchser was the most uncomfortable experience we've had. The orchestra program is underdeveloped. The band program is excellent only because non students are brought in to make them sound better. Teacher-Parent connections are weak, concerns are brushed under the rug, and though my students were not seriously bullied, one was highly criticized for declining to become involved in a same gender relationship.

Posted May 06, 2010
Buchser is a great middle school with caring teachers and a principal that listens. The school provides BBQ's, teacher verses students in sports and everyone has a blast. We are on our third child there at Buchser and have enjoyed every year.

Posted February 19, 2010

Buchser Middle School 3

Posted January 30, 2010
Buchser Middle School is overall nice. The vice principal and principal seem kinda rough but it only because they want a safe and clean campus. There are som bullying problems but the vice principal is VERY strict on bullying others. The P.E. system is fine. The Music program is the best. Thee won dozens of award and seems like almost half of the student play in the band. The teachers are very supportive and caring now. The counciling office people are kind. All it truly needs is a BIG face lift.

Buchser Middle School
1111 Bellomy Street, Santa Clara, CA  95050
Last modified Buchser Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buchser Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top