Santa Clara, CA

C. W. Haman Elementary School 3

Posted October 20, 2014
My child attended Haman for two years, kindergarten through first grade. She had wonderful teachers who did an amazing job with the resources they had. I was not impressed with the principal, whatsoever, she was not very friendly or approachable the few times I tried to speak with her or any time I saw her on campus. The families at Haman are great, though it is always the same families who plan and coordinate all the events. We we moved recently and now I realize how much better it is elsewhere!

Posted May 16, 2013
Like many other parents, I was hesitant on sending my daughter to this school based on the "scores". I could not be more impressed with this school! The Kinder teachers are amazing. I am always impressed with how well they really know their students. My daughter has not only grown leaps and bounds academically, but socially as well. She has become so confident in her work. The principal is wonderful and cares a great deal about her students. I am so grateful I did not rely solely on the "scores", and am excited to see what the future holds for us at Haman!

Posted October 11, 2012
Was very hesitant on sending my child here because I hadn't heard much about it and the "scores" weren't as high as some others in the district-- but so far I am very impressed with this school! The K teachers are excellent! I have been volunteering regularly in class and have been very impressed. There is a real emphasis on reading, writing and math and some very cool science and art projects. If there were a tenth of the parent involvement here that there are at neighboring parent participation schools I think Haman could be a top Santa Clara School!

Posted December 10, 2010
My child moved to Haman from a neighboring school when he had trouble and was not supported by the staff. Since being at Haman, he has had only caring, organized, and capable teachers, and has done well on standardized testing. The teachers and staff are bending over backwards to help him reach his potential and become successful socially. I can't say enough to praise the teachers he has had.

Posted September 01, 2008
This is a fantastic school

C. W. Haman Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2008

C. W. Haman Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2008

C. W. Haman Elementary School 0

Posted January 11, 2008
At first I was skeptical putting my child into a public school...though my daughter was put in Mrs.Bicknell's class..this is a teacher like no other, a one in a million. She is structured, she genuinely likes her kids, and knows them and understands them often more than the parents do...she truely is awesome. My daughter had always done poorly ion the state testing, though Mrs. Bicknell was able to get my daughter past the anxiety that those tests brought her and when we reeived her scores not only were they accptable but they were more than I poosibly could have wished for. Mrs Bicknell has truly brought out the best in my child

Posted August 29, 2007
Having gone to only private primary, secondary, and post-secondary/graduate schools, my wife was very skeptical initially of Haman. Having gone to only public primary and secondary schools in an albeit affluent California community and both public and private post-secondary/graduate schools, I was only mildly skeptical initially. We have both found that Haman is a school that far exceeds its 'numbers' (which are nonetheless respectable). Haman has 1) Exceptional leadership in its principal, Pam Fox, 2) Outstanding, spirited guidance in its faculty, 3) Facilities and resources that surpass levels I recall for schools I attended in my youth, despite Haman having to manage 'razor-thin' budgets. The only possible negative is that I would like to see more parental involvement, yet I believe too much involvement (as appears to occur in some neighboring schools with higher 'numbers') may be destructive. Today, I would be proud if all my kids graduated as Haman Huskies!

C. W. Haman Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2007
We have been very happy with Haman Elementary, and feel a great sense of commitment and community from practically every teacher and the parents on the PTA board. Perhaps this is because we are pragmatic about our expectations of schools, districts, and teachers. To a large extent, we consider it our responsibility to be very involved in our child's education and development in all aspects, and if anything is lacking within the school boundaries, make it our business to supplement outside. The limitations in the arts/extracurricular activities is not a function of the school, but of the district and the California system in general. Haman should not get dinged for that. It is still a wonderful and engaged environment where imperfection strives to do the best it can -- and no one can ask for anything more. Our child has certainly found a home here, and we are very grateful.

C. W. Haman Elementary School
865 Los Padres Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA  95050
Last modified C. W. Haman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C. W. Haman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top