Santa Clara, CA

Posted January 08, 2015
This school is excellent , Im sure the API score is going to go way higher as I see lot of Asian & indian kids inflow(the usual driver of scores) . Being an Asian my self i push my kid a lot on studies, this school works for me great as the curriculum is clearly structured and the kinder garden teacher is very helpful in following up my kids progress in studies. More emphasis is given to creativity here and structured learning . On family get together we usually have competition within our kids where adults ask questions on science , math etc ... to grade our kids :) My other 3rd grader who has been in this school since kinder garden is as equally progressed similar to his private school counterparts in my relatives who has been through challenger and stratford. Im sure the API is going to skyrocket to 900+ pretty soon. Good luck.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 19, 2014
We are thankful. My kid is happy and learn new knowledge everyday. PTA is active, boyscout is wonderful. Teachers care a lot. The after school program is very convenience for working parents. We hope school has GATE and some music ( piano/violin ) program.

Kathryn Hughes Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2014
My kids went here since pre school, i would say this school is very convenient for us. Very clean and the teachers are awesome. They really keep in touch with the parents especially when you have concerns. They update us to all activities and progress of my kids. There are very helpful to my needs of my kids at school. Now they have a lot of activites for the kids which is good, because the kids is having confident and more vocals to what they want. The principal is cool and awesome very dedicated to each students. We love kathryn hughes. Very responsible for everything and safe!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 08, 2014
Kathryn Hughes Elementary is a great school. They have very good, knowledgable, and caring teachers. They have great technology in the classroom: smartboards in every class and soon tablets for all the students... thanks to a partnership with Altera. Mr. Ricardo the school custodian is awesome and super friendly (reminds me of Gus, the custodian when I went to Hughes many many years ago). The Front Office staff is friendly, professional, and extremely helpful. There is a new principal, Ms Miranda. She had BIG shoes to fill with replacing Mr Keegan but she is proving to be a GREAT addition and asset to Hughes. Ms Miranda seems to genuinely care for and love her students. She is focused on education, community and parent involvement. Continuing partnerships with nearby technogy companies like Altera to get our students and teachers access to cutting edge technology typically not seen in a Public school. Reaching out to parents to be active and involved, the best schools have high parent participation. I particulary liked "College Day", shows me that she is focused on our kids future beyond just elementary and preparing them for a bright future. Go Hammerheads!

Posted April 08, 2014
My two kids love their school, and so do us parents. They are so proud of their school that they would talk to all their friends about the dedicated teachers, the new respectful principle, and this year, the Cub Scout! Yes, our school has cub scout meeting where boys meet three times every month on Friday. Thanks to the parents who volunteer and dedicate that boys learn the most precious skills while having fun which will benifit them whole life!

Posted April 08, 2014
Hughes Elementary is a great school. Our new principal has big shoes to fill but has been doing a nice job. She believes in parent education and talking to our kids about college. She wants to do what's right for our students. She works well with our PTA. She has gotten many bikes donated for students this year. She is trying to get a cover for our outside lunch area so our students don't get pooped on and a new digital sign for the front of our school with our proper logo on it. I don't agree with a previous comment about a bias towards the Spanish speaking parents. That's absurd! It's sad to me why anyone would feel threatened by her trying to make them feel included. Overall, a nice community with caring teachers, staff and principal.

Kathryn Hughes Elementary School 4

Posted April 08, 2014
The school in general is a great school.All my three kids started to this school. With new technology in place, the students are well advanced than students from other school in the district. The teachers are very much involved with the kids and very nurturing I wish that the school district would spend some more money to expand the school, fund music program and other school activities. One less star for the new principal She is not involve as much ad she supposed to be. If her predecessor is still there, I would give a five star. Kudos to Ms Durand, Mrs Tang, Mrs Vazquez, Ms Katzen, Mrs Williamson sndMs.Allan. .

Posted April 07, 2014
Kathryn Hughes Elementary School is best place. My daughter enjoys the school. Teachers are focused on student study and their inclusive growth. This school has very good study atmosphere for students. This school is gem. Following teachers are great and helpful. Miss Katzon , Miss Lopes-coe, Miss Norht & Miss Tan

Kathryn Hughes Elementary School 3

Posted October 31, 2013
My kids have been attending Hughes since kindergarten 4 years ago. And we've always loved the school, until recently. There seems to be a general consensus among involved parents that the new principal is completely unknowledgeable and proving to be an ineffective leader. She is isolating her involved parents by showing an extreme bias for her Spanish speaking families, which is ridiculous because an overwhelming majority of the families don't speak Spanish! Losing love for this school fast.

Posted July 30, 2013
I have 3 grandchildren. The youngest will start the 4th grade 2013-2014. I am so glad my daughter moved very close to Kathryn Hughes middle school. My grandson was very sad that Mr. Keegan left the school. Mr. Keegan sure knows how to run a school. Others should not "Think" about this school, but join. The other 2 now are attending Buchser middle school. Went through all 5 grades at Hughes elementary school. Have no concerns about Hughes school.

Kathryn Hughes Elementary School
4949 Calle De Escuela, Santa Clara, CA  95054
Last modified Kathryn Hughes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kathryn Hughes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top