Santa Clara, CA

Montague Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2014
I love my grandsons teacher Ms. Enos. She is an awesome hard working teacher who cooks with her students, has a garden that the students water weed plant and eat out of. She makes learning fun. Carving pumpkins was turned into an educational time. My grandson told me how many seeds were in it, and what an estimation was. She truly cares about the student as a whole. As for the whole school I am unhappy. I pick my grandson up everyday. I am at the school a lot and there is something not right. I call the school and no one answers more then once. The drive through pick up is a mess. Parents park there cars and get out causing a traffic backup onto the street. Children who's parents aren't there yet run around with very little supervision. I have witnessed children running through the flower garden throwing rocks, and hitting each other with sticks. I missed Halloween because I have bad knees and they put everyone in the cafeteria so we were out of the rain. I can't stand and there was no where to put my chair. Test scores really don't matter to us. I think the teachers are good for the most part the school is just poorly run, very unorganized, and has some serious safety concerns.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 03, 2014
This is our first year here and I also volunteer and am a member of the PTSA. So far I like the school and so does my child. I love the fact that its diverse, his class does a lot of reading and writing (1st grade), and that they have music class! If you are a parent who worries about the rating and the API score, you may want to put more time to your children's overall learning. Whether that is extracurricular activities or tutoring. One can not blame the school for the lack of organization or funds from the district solely from ratings and scores. Parents must simply put in time as well. Afterall, us as parents are a major contributing factor to the learning equation.

Montague Elementary School 1

Posted October 03, 2014
I've heard a lot of negative things/ratings about this school but we said we'll give our HOME school a chance and base our opinions from our own experience. But, so far, I don't have any positive experience yet. Our daughter is in Kindergarten right now. In less than a month, she's experienced moving to a new class with new classmates & teacher. And since her teacher's been out 4x now, she had 4 different teacher substitutes! That's a lot of changes for these poor Kindergarteners! Our main problem here too is the Principal who's been in her position there for I think 2-3 years now. Not sure how she got that job. During the school tour for Kindergarteners, she was asked about the safety/emergency plan when it comes to intruders because it was during that time the school shootings was rampant. She didn't say anything about her plans but even mentioned that when the school district head visited her school, had the same security concern too that the school is very open to public. Then during the Welcome meeting for the Kindergarten parents,she was asked about transportation service, she said that "if you're in my district you don't need to ride the bus." Unbelievable! She's clueless!
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 12, 2012
Hi all. A few GREAT WORDS about this school! My son attended Montague this past school year, in second grade. During this past school year, we got to know my son's teacher as well as other members of staff and the principal. Me and my son, realized that we had found the most welcoming school we could have looked for. My son's teacher, Ms Enos is the most educated, dynamic, positive and supporting teacher you could ask for who motivates the children and challenges them every day on an intelectual, personal and spiritual level. She teaches the kids not only the curriculum but also valuable life lessons every single day. The school's principal, Mr Lewis, always found the time to accomodate all our needs. He takes time to personally get involved in everything that happens in the school and does not miss any opportunity to be by the children's side. He supported all my son's academic and personal needs above and beyond. Montague Elemntary is a great school, we loved it and we'll be going there next year! A happy mom of a future 3rd grader :)

Posted April 24, 2012
My son is in second grade.It is a great school.The two best teachers in the school are first and second grade teacher.Both of the teachers are amaizing.Our kids are getting the best education from these two teachers.The principal is caring about the kids.

Posted September 28, 2011
My son is in Mrs. Vo's preschool class & couldn't be happier. Her & Mrs. Jackie are excellent with the children. They have a lot of patience & you can tell they both enjoy working with the kids. My and I look forward to the year ahead.

Posted May 22, 2011
This is our first year at this school starting in the second grade. Had attented a number 10 school previously. I have been more than satisfied with her teacher, she gives 110% to her students. She is a caring teacher and goes all out in her class and to me that is more important than a school rated 10. I am not familiar with all of the teachers. The only other teacher that gives alot of herself is the Girl Scout leader who we are in contact with. They both are involved with the events that take place throughout the year. I appreciate the parents that do get involved with the school,especially the lady that helps out the school with their events. Looking forward to next year to become more familiar with the other teachers.

Posted March 18, 2011
My daughter is going on her second year at Montague and loves it. She went to preschool on campus and has really felt at home here. Yes, the campus is large and beautiful and with that, you would think it would be crowded and impersonal. That's not the case here, the staff know the children, the principal knows the children and the families are nice. It surely is more of a working class environment, so parent involvement is still growing. Parent involvement is encouraged, and I hope to see an incline in this area. My son will start kinder here soon and he's thrilled to grow with this school. The evening activities and events are fun and packed with people! The teachers are kind and approachable and seem eager to work at this school.

Posted December 26, 2010
Montague Elementary School is a diamond in the rough. A beautiful campus, excellent staff, and most importantly..the students are amazing! I am employed by Reading Partners, a non-profit organization geared to provide one-to-one literacy interventions to students k-5. I coordinate the reading center at Montague Elementary and my experience has been rewarding thus far. I am so impressed by the respectful and curious spirits among the children with whom I have the privilege of interacting with each day. Montague Rocks!

Posted April 22, 2010

Montague Elementary School
750 Laurie Avenue, Santa Clara, CA  95054
(408) 423-1900
Last modified Montague Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montague Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top