Bad
Good

Posted April 01, 2015
I used to go to Pomeroy when I was in Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades. I am currently a junior in college, and I am quite surprised that this school only got a rating of 5. Although I was a student there a while ago, for the three years that I was there, I have to say that I recall the teachers being very supportive. I was a shy child, and the teachers helped me overcome that (without forcing me), so that when I moved schools in third grade I was no longer "the quiet girl". One thing I have to thank Pomeroy for is teaching me how to play chess. When I was in Kindergarten, the fifth graders used to come to our class and teach us how to play. That was one of my best memories at Pomeroy.

Pomeroy Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2013
This school is a so so. It`s not like any other school. Kids have a problem of "Fairity". And the kids are wearing very unacceptable cloths. Mostly acting like they`re teenagers. The rules are not fair. Food`s not like Jack in the Box. Kids cursing each other. Popularity is stressing out nerds (I take it as smart.) I could only think of negatives. But, I do see improvements Pomeroy did. Witch, I think is very acceptable and makes a huge difference. Even though this school is not that good, it`s very interesting to watch how things change over months. (I`m telling the truth, I walk by this school once every month.)

Pomeroy Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2012
I am so glad that my son had the chance to go here so that I know what a good school really is. I have opted for a local charter school based on my experiences with this school. Thanks for all you did, Pomeroy!!!

Posted February 28, 2012
This school has been excellent. I have a daughter in 1st and a son in 4th. My son takes speech and uses other resources. I do not agree with half of the kids in this school don't speak English. I love that the school has a pretty diverse background when it comes to ethnicity etc. The principal is great and the staff in general. My kids have had fabulous teachers. I see a lot of parents who get involved. Of course there are those that do not. Overall this school has been wonderful and mu children have been progressing. Especially my son.

Pomeroy Elementary School 2

Posted August 21, 2011
My child went here and took speech therapy. Staff was very friendly but at times they were sticking 3-4 kids into a speech session which turned into play time. English is the second language for almost half of the kids at this school which means the kids who do speak English (which they should because we live in America) get left behind.

Pomeroy Elementary School

Posted October 12, 2009
Our API scores went up 29 points since last year. We have Garden Program, we have Green program, The dynamics between Administration, Teachers and Parents create a great support system for the students. More importantly the kids are truly happy at school.

Pomeroy Elementary School 5

Posted March 18, 2009
The support from my kindergardener's teacher is excellent. My son is having a hard time staying interested & we are working together to try to help him succeed with daily reports and alternative assignments. I truely feel that my husband and I are not alone in raising him and feel that this is more of a team effort. Since he is my oldest, I am unsure if all schools care so much... but I certainly don't remember my parents being so involved with any of my teachers. So far I am super impressed with Pomeroy & all the after school activities as well as the PTA. It's a fun, close-nit environment, that really encorages young minds to flourish, without the drama of competition.

Posted September 06, 2008
Great school! My child, now in 4th grade, started in K at Pomeroy. I have a lot of positive comments: teachers are involved, the PTA is running different events nicely, and the school offers so much more such as a musical for any 3rd to 5th grader interested, a choir, and this year (08-09) music class to set u p a school band! I just have 2 wishes: 1) that the new principal will do as well as the departing one who was great 2) that the standardized test results will get better overall for the school

Pomeroy Elementary School 5

Posted July 23, 2008
One of the best!! my son was so happy, the principal and teachers are very involve in the kids performance, education and they really help the students to develop all and every single one of their abilities. My son it is part of the student embassador and GATE programs, and all this was possible because all the staff, teachers and the principal really care for all the students. I do really recomend Pomeroy, they help my son to be a great student and person.

Posted February 10, 2008
My child is finishing his 5th year at Pomeroy - the staff has been excellent, and they have done a wonderful job providing the skills needed to move on to middle school and beyond. The parent and community involvement is excellent (but don't let that stop you from participating! What school couldn't use more support?)

Pomeroy Elementary School
1250 Pomeroy Avenue, Santa Clara, CA  95051-3618
Last modified Pomeroy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.